Class level block/cap

If you hexedited level 40 as the cap, you’re already at the max level as you have 40 total levels.

Well no, this was done after doing the hexedit.

I wanted 10/10/10/10 but since the harper stops at 5, so I thought the druid class could get the 5 extra levels.

But it will not even class up, even after doing -ve xp. So you see the shaman class is rather high.

Keeps saying server restriction message.

You’ve edited the level cap to 40, and your character has 40 total levels: 1 (druid) + 5 (Harper agent) + 24 (spirit shaman) + 10 (shadow dancer), so you are at the overal level cap.

Well the PC has 10 ranger 10 archer 10 shadowdancer, 8 fighter. Xp is already maxed out, yet cannot class up fighter. The PC is a yuan ti.

Pretty sure legal character and item restrictions are set to 0

The gnome bard is stuck at bard 10 harper 5 shadowdancer 10 trickster 10. He keeps doing the levelup anims every area transition but i cannot class up the bard. - ‘server restriction error’

Is this something to do with racial ECL thingy?

Just a thought but could it be something to do with favoured class? As a Yuan Ti your PC might be running afoul of that. I Don’t know how like NwN that NwN2 is in this respect but this discussion on the BD forums might shed some light on the matter.

TR

Possibly multiclass penalty since I like to level up one class, then the next instead of being even. I’ll fix it next campaign.

But that does not explain why the gnome bard npc cannot progress bard levels after 10.

Also does not explain why the druid npc cannot do druid levels after 1. She starts as a druid for goodness… Delevel using debug mode does not fix her either.

I removed align and preq restrictions for all classes.

Racial penalty are in which 2da file?

How did you get past level 30? I thought that was the hardcapped limit.
(Unless this is an online game session, in that case I suppose it was done via NWNX4).

Check out my topic;

Its not online, and I believe the char is illegal even…

Trying out a new game where race ecl is set to -2, wonder what will happen

Character level disallowed by server restriction

Now why do I get that message? Classes 2da have all maxlevel set to 0, all align restriction and preq set to 0

campaign allow unrestricted level up is true,

enforce legal char is 0,

What else do I need to change?

You’ve edited the level cap to 40, and your character has 40 total levels: Thus it can’t level up anymore, in any class.

I was referring to this one, Grobnar

bard 10
harper 5
shadowdance 10
arc trickster 10

everytime i try to add levels to bard it will not let me add.

I dont like to waste levels, eventho thats quite good enough for him…

Guess i’ll have to dig further.

Image;

Just tried leveling bard class and got the restricted error

You might need to edit the campaign.cam file for that specific campaign and increase the XP and level cap there. But it’s just a guess.

Did that before starting and it still gave this result.

Classes 2da have all maxlevel set to 0, all align restriction and preq set to 0

campaign allow unrestricted level up is true, max level 40, max xp 780000

enforce legal char is 0,

What else do I need to change?

Harper epic level is still set to 5 in class.2da? That might be the problem, rise to to 10. (or -1 if you want to make it have as many as you want)
It’s two entries in the class.2da file, try it out. Not only the class level limit, it’s class level imit and epic level. Most PRCS have the same values in both these columns.

I changed bard and shadowdancer max level to 0 in class 2da. and still get hit with ‘disallowed’

I want to put levels into either bard or shadowdancer.

I think I had better go over again;

class 2da - all max level set to 0 which means infinite, all ecl set to 0, xp penalty set to false

campaign max level, xp set to max of level 40, 780 000 xp, unrestrictedlevelup set true,

all ini file set enforce legal, item restrict to 0.

Any other setting I missed to allow for unrestrictedlevelup ?

I said EPIC level too, not just only max level. It’s two columns, you have to change both.

OOOOH finally

I got a swash up to 20 once, ahhh its epiclevel is -1.

Sometimes I am just plain dumb… I’ll get to it, it shouldnt take long.

Yup you were right, that was blocking the levelup.

Maybe add a note in wiki for that column?

1 Like

And the levelup process is hardcode? I mean there is no way to modify the current 1 ability point and 1 feat point every 3 levels when using any class/char