Custom Content Challenge 2020 - Rules, Guidelines, etc

An ongoing project for both new and experienced custom content makers, the Custom Content Challenge is a way for content makers to develop new and innovative content that can be used by module builders to enrich the game. A theme is selected each month by majority vote, and content is developed around that theme.

The Custom Content Challenge is geared towards making easy to use content for many sorts of modules. Beginners are encouraged to participate, and specific content creation questions are answered by the more experienced content makers. Custom content includes many different categories, such as 3D models, icons, scripts, sounds, and even prefab areas/items/NPCs.

From http://www.neverwinternights.info/cc_ccc.htm

SUBMISSIONS
Submissions should include ALL files necessary for the content to be working in game (e.g. mdl, pwk, wok, tga, dds files, etc.). Files should be compressed into a ZIP, RAR, or 7Z format archive and emailed to nwvaultccchallenge@gmail.com.

SUGGESTING THEMES

Post theme suggestions in Custom Content Challenge 2020 - Theme Suggestions

A complete list of all previous CC Challenges is listed here: NWN Community Site: Custom Content Challenge and here:CCC-Catalogue

4 Likes

If anyone knows where I can find the list of CC Challenge 2da ranges, I’d appreciate a pointer in that direction along with a link to the original guidelines thread.

Don’t know about the 2da ranges but I do have a few links for you that may be of use -

TR

2 Likes

Thank you

TBH, I don’t think 2da ranges were coordinated and everyone did their own thing, often just submitting lines to be appended/integrated. TAD integrated and released both a big package and individual submissions.

-Dave

2 Likes

Probably then, the best thing for me to do is download the last CC Challenge hak and mark out what 2da lines have been used for the challenges. That way I don’t go stepping on other content.

EDIT - Well that was rather easy. @shadguy was right, there is no special 2da ranges used and, after looking at two haks, there was certainly no coordination. With this in mind, I think releasing a hak that includes 2da files is kind of moot. I’m leaning towards a hak for the content, along with independent source files, and a TXT file listing out the 2da lines so Builders can merge the content in however they see fit.

1 Like

However you choose to do it I do tend to like having both a hak and a separate source download with each of the creators contributions in separate folders. That way you can have a quick look in game then go to the creator’s folder(s) to get what you actually want to use.

TR

1 Like

Yup, we’re on the same page (hak w/out 2da files), source files (separated into folders by author), and a TXT file with 2da entries. So its just one extra file - kind of like a 2da ReadMe.

New submission email address: nwvaultccchallenge@gmail.com