Dual Challenge Again
Custom Content Challenge - April 2023 : Supermarionation is Go!
Custom Content Challenge - April 2023 : The world of Tolkien
Theme one for this month’s challenge: “Supermarionation is Go!”
Autumn 2015 was the 50th anniversary of the 60’s hit TV show “Thunderbirds”. So I think it is well past time to have a CCC covering all (well maybe not Terrahawks ) of Gerry Anderson’s puppet shows from “Four Feather Falls” up to and including “Joe 90”. There are the vehicles, the clothes, the characters, the locations (Tracy Island anyone), the sounds, etc. At a pinch, I suppose you could include his live action shows as well (but not the awful live action Thunderbirds movie).
This theme was suggested by Tarot Redhand.
Theme one for this month’s challenge: “The world of Tolkien”
I’m assuming pretty much everyone is familiar with the works of Tolkien. His stuff has been a huge influence on the creation of D&D and it would be great to pay tribute to this in the game of NWN. Submissions could include anything from new creatures and character models (Uruk Hai, Gollum, Shelob, Giant Eagles, Balrog), weapons and armour (Gondor armour, Sting, Glamdring, Narsil), iconic locations and tilesets (the Prancing Pony Inn, Weathertop, Rivendell, Hobbitton), portraits, scripts - whatever. There’s plenty of scope for creation, something which should suit modders of all abilities.
This theme was suggested by Beefheart.
- It must be fully working in game.
- Use of vanilla NWN or publicly available texture is fine. Just remember that NWN textures must have dimensions in powers of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.).
- Teamwork is welcome.
- Beginners most welcome. Don’t be afraid, just try, you’ll be surprised!
- “Custom Content” includes many sorts of things: models, scripts, prefabs (areas, items, creatures, conversations, quests, etc.), sounds, portraits, or anything else new for the game.
- All submissions must be finished, working, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (or a non-Vault link provided) by the first of the following month. Sooner than that is perfectly fine too.
Some things you could include in the download/email that would make packaging everything up easier and faster:
- Any 2da lines needed.
- Screenshot from in game for use on the Vault page. Formats: .bmp, .jpg, .png, or .tga
- Portraits (if needed) of your new goody. Placeables and monsters should include a portrait.
- Inventory icons (if needed) of your new goody.
- Any credits you would like listed.
- If this is your first entry, please tell me what name you would like your work listed under and provide a link to your other NWN content if you want that displayed as well (the link bit is totally optional).
- Remember, the Challenge is all about fun, sharing, creativity, and surprise!
This thread is for all sorts of discussion about this month’s theme: ideas for things to make, questions/concerns, announcement of what you intend to make, screen-shots of work in progress and/or finished projects.
If you want to discuss the Monthly Custom Content Challenge idea as a whole or wish to submit ideas/themes for future monthly Challenges, please post in its thread here - Custom Content Challenge - Theme Suggestions.
When submitting a new theme, please provide a title and short summary of the theme.
If you have a technical question about some custom content creation, please create a separate thread so that the answers can be found later by anyone, not just people interested in this Challenge.
We’ll try to help!
Have no fear and join the fun!
And finally, you can:
Custom Content Challenge - Theme Suggestions.
Vote 4 for May’s theme
Email content to: email@example.com