The theme for this month’s challenge: “Corrupting Evil”
“Land itself looked like its master, cruel and insane.”, “Oh god, I am sorry. She… She ate them… How does the human meat tastes like?”, “You have lied to me! The ghost was protecting us from that thing inside your child! Now die! Die for your treachery. And rest of you shall die too, to quench mine rage.”, “Betrayed! Shunned! Now prepare you fools for evil never rests!”, “Hey its just a book it cant hurt me. Can it?”, “Paladins? Blah! those fools cant do what’s is necessary.”, “I need it! I don’t care who give it to me! Gods, devils of demons! Somebody give me power to ordinate the justice!”, “I too used be like you, but this place is no place for good folk, but they also needs an saviour.” - This one is theme of corruption, when heroes are wrapped by the evil of their enemies to become like them like Nietzsche said “He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.” This is the game of corruption where experienced heroes cant be distinguished from lesser villains. Where paladins sell their souls to demons to destroy others like the blackguards. Where heroes valiantly fights the ghosts to save the town only to find it reanimating dead for army.
This theme was suggested by Shadowing2029.
- It must be fully working in game.
- Use of vanilla NWN or publicly available texture is fine. Just remember that NWN textures must have dimensions in powers of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.).
- Teamwork is welcome.
- Beginners most welcome. Don’t be afraid, just try, you’ll be surprised!
- “Custom Content” includes many sorts of things: models, scripts, prefabs (areas, items, creatures, conversations, quests, etc.), sounds, portraits, or anything else new for the game.
- All submissions must be finished, working, and emailed to email@example.com (or a non-Vault link provided) by the first of the following month. Sooner than that is perfectly fine too.
Some things you could include in the download/email that would make packaging everything up easier and faster:
- Any 2da lines needed.
- Screenshot from in game for use on the Vault page. Formats: .bmp, .jpg, .png, or .tga
- Portraits (if needed) of your new goody. Placeables and monsters should include a portrait.
- Inventory icons (if needed) of your new goody.
- Any credits you would like listed.
- If this is your first entry, please tell me what name you would like your work listed under and provide a link to your other NWN content if you want that displayed as well (the link bit is totally optional).
- Remember, the Challenge is all about fun, sharing, creativity, and surprise!
This thread is for all sorts of discussion about this month’s theme: ideas for things to make, questions/concerns, announcement of what you intend to make, screen-shots of work in progress and/or finished projects.
If you want to discuss the Monthly Custom Content Challenge idea as a whole or wish to submit ideas/themes for future monthly Challenges, please post in its thread here - Custom Content Challenge - Theme Suggestions.
When submitting a new theme, please provide a title and short summary of the theme.
If you have a technical question about some custom content creation, please create a separate thread so that the answers can be found later by anyone, not just people interested in this Challenge.
We’ll try to help!
Have no fear and join the fun!
And finally, you can:
Custom Content Challenge - Theme Suggestions.
Vote 4 for April’s theme.
Email content to: firstname.lastname@example.org