Custom Content Challenge: October 2018: Ninja, Samurai & Kung Fu Masters

The theme for this month's challenge: "Ninja, Samurai & Kung Fu Masters":

Ninja, Samurai & Kung Fu Masters - Ninja characters, Ninja clothes, Ninja moves, Kung Fu clothes, special Ninja spells, Ninja Weapons (different from Oriental Challenge 1), Ju Jitsu kimonos, Dojos, tatamis, Bruce Lee paraphernalia, ShaoLin monks, shrines, etc. Feel free to borrow ideas from the many existing martial arts Manga (Naruto, Bleach, name your own...) and movies (Bruce Lee's, Jacky Chan's, Kungfu Master...).

This theme was suggested by CaveGnome.

Guidelines:

• It must be fully working in game.
  • Use of vanilla NWN or publicly available texture is fine.  Just remember that NWN textures must have dimensions in powers of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.).
  • Teamwork is welcome.
  • Beginners most welcome. Don't be afraid, just try, you'll be surprised!
  • "Custom Content" includes many sorts of things: models, scripts, prefabs (areas, items, creatures, conversations, quests, etc.), sounds, portraits, or anything else new for the game.
  • All submissions must be finished, working, and emailed to NWNCCCMakers@gmail.com (or a non-Vault link provided) by November 7th, 2018. Sooner than that is perfectly fine too. ;-)

Some things you could include in the download/email that would make packaging everything up easier and faster:

• 2da lines needed.
  • Screenshot from in game for use on the Vault page. Formats: .bmp, .jpg, .png, or .tga
  • Portraits (if needed) of your new goodie. Placeables and monsters should include a portrait.
  • Inventory icons (if needed) of your new goodie.
  • Any credits you would like listed.
  • If this is your first entry, please tell me what name you would like your work listed under and provide a link to your other NWN content if you want that displayed as well (the link bit is totally optional).

Remember, the Challenge is all about fun, sharing, creativity, and surprise!

This thread is for all sorts of discussion about this month's theme: ideas for things to make, questions/concerns, announcement of what you intend to make, screenshots of work in progress and/or finished projects.  

If you want to discuss the Monthly Custom Content Challenge idea as a whole or wish to submit ideas/themes for future monthly Challenges, please post in its thread here

When submitting a new theme, please provide a title and short summary of the theme.

If you have a technical question about some custom content creation, please create a separate thread so that the answers can be found later by anyone, not just people interested in this Challenge. 

We'll try to help!

Have no fear and join the fun!

And finally, you can: 

3 Likes

The “Alternate Combat Animations Pack (ACP v4.0)”, by “Ragnarok_mr4”. Have added some martial arts fighting styles as phenotypes. New martial art styles added in that way would be a great addition. Those are my suggestions:

MONKEY STYLE!

DRUNKEN MASTER STYLE!

ANIMAL STYLES!

4 Likes

I’ve been watching a lot of 70s and 80s kungfu for this one… there is going to be a lot of revenging. I will also be using a lot of…

2 Likes

Ninja NPCs, made from a free model at “thefree3dmodels” which is not longer available there, They use ninja animations from “Alternate Combat Animations Pack (ACP v4.0)” by “Ragnarok_mr4”.

imagen

They can use dynamic wings, I have made that in orther to equip them with quivers or backpack-swords.

imagen

8 Likes

Alright, @Shemsu-Heru got the ninja’s covered. I’ll start with a creature from this reference, and see where else I can go from there (Armor sets perhaps) …

2 Likes

I like to make them in pairs so this one goes with rage-face Bolo Yeung in Half Orc base…
SH_Bolo

6 Likes

@Stonehammer - There is no reason for you or anybody to not make more ninjas if you wish, i guess that most people won’t get tired of ninjas. “http://www.cadnav.com” is full of low polly asian character models, that can work well in NWN. For example here is a girl similar to the one in the cover of the movie you posted:

imagen

4 Likes

Classes and prestige classes, also could be good additions, like:

Sohei (basic class, between fighter and monk)

Tattooed Monk (prestige class for monks)

1 Like

I dont know how to do what you do with models from other games yet. I can only rework things that are already in NWN. That archer model is nice, that and your previous archer will really spice up the ranged game if you decide to make that. Ninjas are fun but not really my thing, but I felt had to be done (they are the orc grunt of any Oriental themed story), I’m glad you did it so now I can focus on other things :grin:

maybe a ninja head model?

Ninja heads tend to be genderless generic so I made a couple of 2-cloth helms instead…
SH_NinjaHelms

7 Likes

… I gave them scarves because ninjas care about fashion too. Took awhile to get Bolo’s crazy-eyes-punching-murder-face but I got as close as I can…

8 Likes

The “Alternate Combat Animations Pack (ACP v4.0) ”, by “Ragnarok_mr4”. does wonders for this month’s challenge

8 Likes

Those ninja heads looks great, stonehammer, however they could work better as “helmet” models rather than heads so any race and sex could use them…

1 Like

Completely agree. I made them as helmets… helm_98 and helm_99 in my hak.

4 Likes

omg that bolo is off the chain!

Sneaking in a big monk to fight big bolo… they are both half orc size

4 Likes

Hey @TheBarbarian, look at what I did to one of your heads :grin:

2 Likes

… wait, did you use the bald human male as a base, there? Ha! Neat. I didn’t even recognize it. :’-D

Found way to like a post more than once:

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Kungfu students…
SH_Kungfu3

10 Likes