The theme for this month’s challenge: “The Circle of Life”
The Circle of Life
There are more stages to life than being a combat-ready adult of one’s species - how about some infants, toddlers, children, the sickly and the elderly? Pregnant creatures, more clothing options for pregnant dynamic humanoids. Holdable children, children’s’ toys. Nursery placeables, animal nesting places (placeables, tiles, or area prefabs), coffins and sarcophagi, bone remains and fossils. Medication item prefabs, scripts, and inventory icons. Also, undead creatures, sure, why not - undeath is definitely part of the “Circle of Life” in DnD. Undead children count double. Animal call sounds, children’s’ and old people- “Get off my lawn!”-style voicesets. Birthday cakes. Funeral flower wreaths. Tombstones. Life insurance salespeople, prefabs for doctor/healer NPCs. And anything to do with the Lion King movies fits the theme by default, I suppose. NAAAANTS INGONYAMAAA!
This theme was suggested by TheBarbarian.
- It must be fully working in game.
- Use of vanilla NWN or publicly available texture is fine. Just remember that NWN textures must have dimensions in powers of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.).
- Teamwork is welcome.
- Beginners most welcome. Don’t be afraid, just try, you’ll be surprised!
- “Custom Content” includes many sorts of things: models, scripts, prefabs (areas, items, creatures, conversations, quests, etc.), sounds, portraits, or anything else new for the game.
- All submissions must be finished, working, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (or a non-Vault link provided) by July 1st, 2022. Sooner than that is perfectly fine too.
Some things you could include in the download/email that would make packaging everything up easier and faster:
- Any 2da lines needed.
- Screenshot from in game for use on the Vault page. Formats: .bmp, .jpg, .png, or .tga
- Portraits (if needed) of your new goody. Placeables and monsters should include a portrait.
- Inventory icons (if needed) of your new goody.
- Any credits you would like listed.
- If this is your first entry, please tell me what name you would like your work listed under and provide a link to your other NWN content if you want that displayed as well (the link bit is totally optional).
- Remember, the Challenge is all about fun, sharing, creativity, and surprise!
This thread is for all sorts of discussion about this month’s theme: ideas for things to make, questions/concerns, announcement of what you intend to make, screen-shots of work in progress and/or finished projects.
If you want to discuss the Monthly Custom Content Challenge idea as a whole or wish to submit ideas/themes for future monthly Challenges, please post in its thread here -
When submitting a new theme, please provide a title and short summary of the theme.
If you have a technical question about some custom content creation, please create a separate thread so that the answers can be found later by anyone, not just people interested in this Challenge.
We’ll try to help!
Have no fear and join the fun!
And finally, you can: