Dark Theme Looks Good

To enable it click on your avatar picture at the top (the one you use to log out). Directly underneath there is a cog icon - click it. Click on interface. There is now a dropdown box that will have light selected. Open it and select dark. Finally click the Save Changes button and you’re done.

I don’t normally like dark themes but I think this one looks pretty good.

TR

7 Likes

That is way easier for my old eyes to read. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank niv, all I did was find it and pass on how to activate it.

TR

1 Like

niv was tormented ear-scratched into enabling it (yay), but the NWN1 category has a white background image that makes reading anything in that category very difficult with the dark theme on. (I never even noticed it was there!)

It can be worked around at some point, but is waiting for another day. Progress!

1 Like

I just love the dark screen so much. Thank you, Thank you! Both niv and Tarot my eyes feel so much better.
:grinning:

Thank you for explaining how to find the dark theme, Tarot!
I couldn’t use this forum with the light theme because it hurt my eyes.
Edit: Well, I still can’t use parts of the forum because they are white dispite the dark theme.

1 Like

Yeah, hitting those pages after switching is a bit of a shock isn’t it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have an ‘Interface’ option to click.

The Interface option is on the left hand side of the page after you press the cog under the portrait - far from obvious, as it’s completely disconnected from the cog, but it is there for me.

@niv - the Dark format is much superior but can’t be used owing to those all-white pages others have mentioned. Can you fix it?

1 Like

Those all-white pages definitely need to be fixed before making these the main forums. White text on a while background is unreadable. As far as I am concerned, that is the only remaining barrier to making these forums official, and making the old forums read-only.

1 Like

I think what would be great would be to find a new theme using this site. From the discourse tutorial I’ve seen, it isn’t that difficult to add extra themes.

TR

1 Like

Went ahead and removed all the background images, since they can’t be specified on a per-theme basis. We can move forward with what we have and figure out a way to theme it so it’ll work for everyone later on.

4 Likes

You can’t do per-theme backgrounds from the same place you added the category background, but you can just override the theme’s CSS with a snip either setting the background to none or replacing it with a different image. EG

body.category-neverwinter-nights {
  background:url("https://i.imgur.com/hfQBI8d.png");
}

Or something. I don’t mind no background, personally, just being (un)helpful, heh.

These new forums with the dark theme look absolutely super, good job! :slight_smile: