Does anyone has tested EffectEffectIcon?

As the title says, has anyone tested them enough to know if they can get bugged? Since some times those icons that appear near the portrait dissapear(i believe that it also dissapear from the character sheet) but the linked effects still work.

I’m asking this since that way i could create my own “EFFECT_TYPE” by searching by the icon linked to an effect.

i forget the details but there is a bug where the icon won’t appear (or it disappears) when an effect is applied without a slight delay.

iirc, applying effect with a delay of 0.0f or 0.1f stabilizes it,

again, sry I forget the details but there definitely is a bug re. effecticon … not sure if it happens when refreshing the effect or how it pertains to custom EffectEffectIcon() or what, the icon doesn’t show but the effect is still valid.

tldr always apply effects w/ a delay

the icon doesn’t show but the effect is still valid.

So, if the icon doesn’t shows up but still is valid, does that means that in a loop that search for the effects, GetEffectType(eEffect)==EFFECT_TYPE_EFFECT_ICON would detect it?

good question, idk

tbh I imagine that you actually would get a true result (from, say, the icon-effect that’s linked to the overall effect, for example). That is, i tend to think the bug is merely graphical …

but you’d need a test case to be sure

[edit] I’ve seen what you’re wanting to do (or similar) done by checking for an applied VFX instead of an icon … as an alternative technique …

1 Like

good question, idk

tbh I imagine that you actually would get a true result (from, say, the icon-effect that’s linked to the overall effect, for example). That is, i tend to think the bug is merely graphical …

but you’d need a test case to be sure

Mmm, that about the graphical bug for testing would be a bit of time consuming since i really don’t remember how is triggered.

[edit] I’ve seen what you’re wanting to do (or similar) done by checking for an applied VFX instead of an icon … as an alternative technique …

Yes, using a VFX would be better since i don’t care about showing the icon, i just wanted to mark a linked effect to a custom EFFECT_TYPE for easier identification. This will do the trick, thanks for the help.

1 Like

ok. (i don’t remember how it’s triggered either, maybe i encountered it when equipping/unequipping items [tagbased scripting?] it’s kinda rare)