I want to create a dialog that can be accessed by multiple PC at the same time (without having the “is too busy to talk right now”).
This dialog should work for placeable and creatures alike.
In order to achieve that, I tried the following :
- create a copy of the speakee
- hide the copy (thanks to nwnx_visibility)
- start dialogue between the PC and the copy
- destroy the copy (at the end of the dialogue)
It works as expected but now I have multiple issues :
- The portrait of the dialogue is empty and the name is “UNKNOWN SPEAKER”
- It doesn’t work for creatures since the OnConversation isn’t doing what I expected and there is no similar events like “OnUsed” for placeables.
So, to sum-up, I have the following question :
- Is creating “invisible copies” the way to go, or am I missing something ?
- How to show portrait and name of invisible object to PC in a conversation ?
- How to start a conversation between a creature and a PC dynamically (in which event, since OnConversation isn’t working as expected) ?