You can also use this, made (well, by me…) exactly for the same purpose.
Did you look into the cause of area transition problems? By “did not have the transition” do you mean there was “nothing beyond the door” or that it transition trigger was usable but didn’t work? Did it afflict all to-exterior doors or just some of them? What happens when you load a “broken” save into EE again?
Maybe it’s invisible or rendered badly on your system? Did you try to run through the door with WSAD? If it is not tileset-specific bug then it might be a regression introduced into the engine. Perhaps it somehow cannot find the transition target and therefore hides the trigger.
Hit an EE problem with The Song Divine on area transition from Base of the Dragonspine Mountains to The Gnomes - level1. The game crashes when you click the hidden door.
I edited the game version to load the save game in NWN, which allows the transition to work. This is OK until you try to go upstairs and the problem with doors after loading an EE game save into NWN occurs (ie the door has no transparent area to click). Loading the game into EE allows you contine, however, although you can exit to the Dragonspine area, you can’t go back without crashing the game.
BTW, I was unable to edit the OP with this information - is there any way to do that?
I have now managed to play all the games listed in the OP without a problem.
Some of the issues were caused by CPP. @Shadooow has provided me with three components that seem to have resolved the problems. In the absence of general availability of @Shadooow’s fixes, I recommend uninstalling CPP for EE until a new version is released.
Hey there! I’ve gotten custom modules and hakpaks to work on the Switch port of EE, but it would be really helpful to know what parts of CPP exactly were causing problems, as well as what Shadooow’s fixes were. Could you go into more detail? Thanks!
@Cirosan, I’m afraid I don’t know what parts of CPP were causing the problems. @Shadooow gave me a subset of CPP to test, which was OK. This was followed by a set of Model fixes and finally some Tileset fixes. I believe that he was trying to isolate what causing the problems and provided different versions of the above to help eliminate or fix the issues.
The door not leading to transition thing happened to me once, in a very old gameworld module whose name I can’t even remember, cause it was months ago. I tried changing its appearance to other door types, but it didn’t help, and checked the properties to see if it said what area it led to, but no joy. In the vault page no one ever mentioned this, so I’m guessing it is a recent thing with EE.