RESOLVED: OK, I traced it back to a roster issue. I had added the MainPC to the roster, which is then saved as a roster PC, so when I loaded the MainPC (that was also a roster PC), it added itself!
I don’t know much about exporting and importing PCs when it comes to it, so this is an enquiry for those that do know … My main question is to do with: Is it supposed to be possible to play as a MAIN PC a PC that was an exported COMPANION (or CREATED PC other than the Main PC)?
Because when I tried to reload a game that had been started using an exported non-Main PC from module 1 into module 2, this happened …
Basically, this is what happened to cause this double PC …
- Loaded module 1, and exported a created PC who was part of a party, but was NOT the Main PC.
- Started module 2 using this exported PC as my new Main PC.
- Saved the game and reloaded, and ended up with two PCs!
- One of the PCs cannot (on first testing) be possessed or used.
- Really interesting … Both PCs have a TAG! (Normally Main PCs do not have TAGs.)
On further testing, it does the same thing if I try it within the same module. i.e.
Try to play a module with an exported Created or Companion PC as my Main PC starting afresh, and reloading the saved game.
Any advice thanked in advance.