FaerzressSparkles' Screenshots

So far this is evolving to more likely start out as a sandbox server. Below are the areas that will initially be available since I can realistically finish these at some point now. The areas listed before the dash are the main outdoor areas. Areas in parenthesis are the interiors.

Northern Area List:

Neverwinter - Southeast (Blacksmith, Magic Shop, Inn, Sewers), Blacklake (Castle, 4-5x Estates, Sewers), Beggar’s Nest
Helm’s Hold - (Temple of Helm)
The High Road - Near NW (Goblin Cave), Further, Triboar Trail Crossroads, Near Sword Mountains
Plains - Plains 1, Plains 2, Plains 3
Mere of Dead Men - (Lizardman Cave, Sunken Crypt)
Sword Mountains - Foothills (8-9 Caves)
Neverwinter Wood - West (Ruins, Malarite Cave, Worg Den), Sharandar (Ruins, Cave)
Coastal Areas - Near NW (Coastal Cave, Ogre Mage Cave), Coast (Umberlee Cave)

Luskan - South (5x areas of Ruins of Illusk, 2x areas of the Sewers, The Cutlass, Suljak’s Lodge, Baram’s Palace, 5x Floors of the Host Tower of the Arcane), Mirabar District (Pirate Ship, 3x Warehouses)
Spine of the World - Mountain Trail

1 Like

The Mere of Dead Men

The High Road - Triboar Trail Crossing

2 Likes

The Triboar Trail Crossing area is nearing completion.

2 Likes

Neverwinter’s makeover is coming along, the city should be playable within a couple of weeks. I have the Blacklake, Docks, and Beggar’s Nest districts completed layout-wise. I plan to do the district in the Northeastern part of the city as well at some point.

4 Likes

WIP Blacklake District

This is lightly based on the official map, but there are changes since this campaign takes place prior to the spellplague and the eruption of Mount Hotenow. Like most of the maps so far, it is a massive 32x32 map with many buildings to visit.

4 Likes

Updated Area List:

Neverwinter - Southeast (Blacksmith, Magic Shop, Inn, Sewers), Blacklake (Castle, 4-5x Estates, Sewers), Beggar’s Nest (Sewers, Graveyard, 7x Homes, 5x Crypts) River District (3x Wizard towers, 5x Homes, Moonstone Mask)
Helm’s Hold - (Temple of Helm)
Conyberry
The High Road - Near NW (Goblin Cave), Further, Triboar Trail Crossroads, Near Sword Mountains
Plains - Plains 1, Plains 2, Plains 3, Plains 4
Mere of Dead Men - (Lizardman Cave, Sunken Crypt)
Sword Mountains - Foothills (9 Caves)
Neverwinter Wood - West (Ruins, Worg Den), Near the River (Malarite Cave), Sharandar (Ruins, Cave)
Coastal Areas - Near NW (Coastal Cave, Ogre Mage Cave), Coast (Umberlee Cave)

Luskan - South (5x areas of Ruins of Illusk, 2x areas of the Sewers, The Cutlass, Suljak’s Lodge, Baram’s Palace, 5x Floors of the Host Tower of the Arcane)
Mirabar District (Pirate Ship, 3x Warehouses)

Underdark - Upperdark 3x areas, Middledark 3x areas, Lowerdark 2x areas

Spine of the World - Mountain Trail (Frost Giant Fortress, Aurilite Temple)

Planned Areas: Thaymount, Chult, Anauroch, Planar Locations

At this point, I’m developing the mod with the SoZ party system. It can still be played as a sandbox mod like the persistent worlds, but it will feature some campaign-length quests.

I hope to post an in-game photo of a custom creature or two soon as well. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Anyone care to guess what creatures will use these textures for their skins? :slight_smile:

Another note for today, it seems that I have been hitting object and area limits with some of my maps. I may have to trim down the size and number of objects. Not only do some 32x32 city areas crash, but Neverwinter Wood now crashes. Time for some testing! :frowning:

Baking seemed to fix the crash after making the map smaller. I will test with the larger map, but I am guessing that bake may take awhile. Here are some screenshots of the WIP Neverwinter Wood - West area.

EDIT: It seems that the area does indeed need to be shrunk in order for it to not crash while loading. Alas, Neverwinter Wood will need to be split into many smaller areas. On the positive side of things, filling a 20x20 or 16x16 area is healthier for one’s sanity in comparison to filling a 32x32 area. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Several new spells are already implemented into this campaign. Dimension Door and Time Stop are two of them. Rangers have an array of elemental arrows and there are many new feats too. I know many people like to use Kaedrin’s stuff, I will try to keep it compatible with that mod. Coming soon, angry little blue people! Oh my…!

4 Likes

Beggar’s Nest WIP

The area is a bit large at 24x28, I may trim it down a bit further.

4 Likes

The River District so far…

3 Likes

Blacklake District - WIP 2/28/19

4 Likes

It’s okay, but those streets look perhaps a little too clean and flat. Maybe some dirt texturing, weeds, debris, and color tinting would help dirty it up a bit?

3 Likes

The River District and Beggar’s Nest already have height differentiation between the street and sidewalks, along with some dirtiness. Blacklake is still being put together layout-wise.

2 Likes

This is the lowest altitude map of the Sword Mountains. I always liked the Bassilus quest in BG, so this campaign shall also have a mad cleric as well. I pictured the Sword Mountains as being arid like some of the rocky mountains, so they are a bit dry. Old Owl Well is also described as being an important water source since water is rare in some areas of the region.

6 Likes

i like the sparseness, simple yet it looks like a lot’s been put into each area

2 Likes

The Mere of Dead Men - WIP

4 Likes

All of this looks amazing. Thanks for sharing your progress!