Has anyone had problems with the Select Character?

Just curious. Today I ran into an odd problem. I could not start a New Campaign with a previously made character (when I pressed the button “Select Character” the game would crash). I emptied the override and the game continued to crash. I then uninstalled and re-installed and the game crashed. Finally I emptied the local vault except for one character and was able to get to and select the character. Has anyone ever run into this?

0 Likes

It’s because one of your saved characters uses some custom race and/or class and the game can’t load info for it (them). Place appropriate versions of racialtypes.2da / racialsubtypes.2da / classes.2da into your override folder (hak pack may work too if the module in question overwrites these files).

1 Like

Just out of curiosity which campaign was this issue in. I have never ran into this problem yet.

0 Likes

Thanks. I went through all of the local vault and discovered the same thing. It was a PC from the Conan modules,so I pulled him out and all was good. I just found it strange that a “corrupt” ( for lack of a better word) would cause the whole game to crash.

1 Like

Conan. I had not played it before so was also unaware of the problem.

1 Like

I experienced the same problem caused by the same modules some years ago. IIRC the author did include a warning about removing his custom content before playing other modules but I don’t think he mentioned or even knew about removing the character files as well.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info Sawdust.

1 Like