Hordes of the Underdark Revisited

Aha! I replaced the Ipoint speaker placeable and now it’s working correctly. Whew! Still crashes on exit though. Hmm.

I was contemplating renaming this campaign to “Dark Queen of Shadow”, rather than copying the original NWN title. That name is used in the original cut scene, and to me it makes it feel more original. What do you think?

are there any henchmen in the party when exiting? Lance discovered a bug that when so the exit crashes … there’s a workaround … something about setting MaxHenchmen, and/or dismissing them just before exit

Nope.

How about “Queen of the Underdark” for a title. ‘Dark Queen of Shadow’ sounds to much like the King of Shadows. Just an idea. This way it still has some of the original title. Also if I’m not mistaken wasn’t there a Module with a similar title something like the Shadow Queen. Sorry rjshae I don’t mean to step on your toes.

I think a guy could get murdered in his sleep by agents of Shar for implying that some drow tart is the queen of shadow so I would exercise caution. A few extra locks on the door and bright lights in every room of your house should do it.

Its a good name that meshes with the in game dialogue. Just watch your back…

I would just keep it as it is. The module is a remake and the current title makes that clear, like “Baldur’s Gate Reloaded” did.

Troubleshooting another issue now with an effect showing a missing texture. The problem is the texture is included… and it was working properly before. Tried a bunch of things but no luck so far. Arrgh!

Okay, every area in Chapter One now exists, at least in terms of basic tile layout. The texturing issues with the Deep Chasms tileset have pretty much been resolved. (Phew!) Level Two of Undermountain is about 90% done, the final level is 20%, and everything else is ~100% done. There’s a bunch of custom content I need to build for the final level, so that’ll be the next step. Then I can work on populating all the final bits and pieces – triggers, encounters, creatures, chests, sounds, effects, cutscenes, &c. for the ending. Hopefully next year I can get the first chapter into a completely playable form and work out any bugs.

What I decided to do with the title is just use Dark Queen of Shadow for the first chapter, like a subtitle. I’ll use something else for the second and third.

Giant cauldron model complete; now I just need to do the texturing:

Somewhere in Undermountain is a rotating spiked iron column. What’s it for I wonder? It can’t be up to any good.

Hallaster has managed such wonderful innovations in coat rack technology.

I’m having an odd problem where my extra tilesets are no longer showing up under the tiles tab or in the areas. The extra tilesets do show up under the Meta Tiles tab though. Any ideas?

Ed.: nvm, I somehow had a line deleted in the tiles.2da file, which messed everything up. It’s working now.

Next up I’m exploring whether I can create a visual effect like the one used in the NWN mines & caverns tileset:

To me it looks more natural for this area than the stock water drain f/x in NWN2.

The particle system is visible via Blender using the Neverblender import of tile tdm02_d07_01, under the particles tab. It consists of two components: a random waterfall spray and expanding splashes at the bottom. The actual texture file is very small, so I’m sure I can do much better either with the existing NWN2 f/x textures, or some new graphics.

There’s quite a few f/x in the NWN tilesets that would probably be useful if ported over.

I made some volumetric water falling effects for Bedine as alternative to the standard waterfall effect, it looks like you might be able to use one and flip it over.