Aha! I replaced the Ipoint speaker placeable and now it’s working correctly. Whew! Still crashes on exit though. Hmm.
I was contemplating renaming this campaign to “Dark Queen of Shadow”, rather than copying the original NWN title. That name is used in the original cut scene, and to me it makes it feel more original. What do you think?
are there any henchmen in the party when exiting? Lance discovered a bug that when so the exit crashes … there’s a workaround … something about setting MaxHenchmen, and/or dismissing them just before exit
How about “Queen of the Underdark” for a title. ‘Dark Queen of Shadow’ sounds to much like the King of Shadows. Just an idea. This way it still has some of the original title. Also if I’m not mistaken wasn’t there a Module with a similar title something like the Shadow Queen. Sorry rjshae I don’t mean to step on your toes.
I think a guy could get murdered in his sleep by agents of Shar for implying that some drow tart is the queen of shadow so I would exercise caution. A few extra locks on the door and bright lights in every room of your house should do it.
Its a good name that meshes with the in game dialogue. Just watch your back…
I would just keep it as it is. The module is a remake and the current title makes that clear, like “Baldur’s Gate Reloaded” did.
Troubleshooting another issue now with an effect showing a missing texture. The problem is the texture is included… and it was working properly before. Tried a bunch of things but no luck so far. Arrgh!
Okay, every area in Chapter One now exists, at least in terms of basic tile layout. The texturing issues with the Deep Chasms tileset have pretty much been resolved. (Phew!) Level Two of Undermountain is about 90% done, the final level is 20%, and everything else is ~100% done. There’s a bunch of custom content I need to build for the final level, so that’ll be the next step. Then I can work on populating all the final bits and pieces – triggers, encounters, creatures, chests, sounds, effects, cutscenes, &c. for the ending. Hopefully next year I can get the first chapter into a completely playable form and work out any bugs.
What I decided to do with the title is just use Dark Queen of Shadow for the first chapter, like a subtitle. I’ll use something else for the second and third.
Somewhere in Undermountain is a rotating spiked iron column. What’s it for I wonder? It can’t be up to any good.
Hallaster has managed such wonderful innovations in coat rack technology.
I’m having an odd problem where my extra tilesets are no longer showing up under the tiles tab or in the areas. The extra tilesets do show up under the Meta Tiles tab though. Any ideas?
Ed.: nvm, I somehow had a line deleted in the tiles.2da file, which messed everything up. It’s working now.
Next up I’m exploring whether I can create a visual effect like the one used in the NWN mines & caverns tileset:
To me it looks more natural for this area than the stock water drain f/x in NWN2.
The particle system is visible via Blender using the Neverblender import of tile tdm02_d07_01, under the particles tab. It consists of two components: a random waterfall spray and expanding splashes at the bottom. The actual texture file is very small, so I’m sure I can do much better either with the existing NWN2 f/x textures, or some new graphics.
There’s quite a few f/x in the NWN tilesets that would probably be useful if ported over.
I made some volumetric water falling effects for Bedine as alternative to the standard waterfall effect, it looks like you might be able to use one and flip it over.
Here’s a beta version of the revised and expanded RWS Deep Chasms tileset. I’d appreciate it if interested folk would be willing to try it out and look for issues. At least for right now, I wouldn’t try using it as a drop-in replacement since there have been numerous changes to texturing, walk meshes, &c. This set should also work with the cave set as they now share the same material properties. I do know of at least one new tile variant that has rotation issues, but most should be okay. Thanks!
---- File removed; see below ----
The biggest issue I have with the tileset is the number of fixed rotation floors. These produce unseemly seams, so to speak, and I’m contemplating creating dirt overlay placeables just to try and cover them up. Ugh.
A hopeless battle takes place somewhere on the second level:
I’m still having a corruption issue somewhere in the module that’s driving me a bit batty.
Do you have a list of the problem tiles? Merinthophile on Discord identified some tile issues in Deep Chasms, and I have them mostly fixed, with tl_dc_wwlm the area needs to be closed and reopened to bake correctly after rotating it for instance. There were also some issues with TL_DC_MMLM
Unfortunately no I didn’t keep track of the issues I fixed. I pretty much re-did everything because of the change to the wall texture. If that is an issue, somebody is free to migrate the new tiles I added to the old set. It’ll be a bit of work, but is do-able.
Well I’ve got my issue narrowed down a little. I made a copy of the area that is crashing on load, then stripped out everything except the tiles. I then exported that and created a new test module consisting only of that area and the hak files. It still crashes when I try to load. I’m suspecting it’s an issue with one of the 2d files, so I’ll trim it down further until I can get it to run okay. Hopefully it’ll be an easy fix once I’ve found the root problem.