How Should I Go About Making This Walkable?

How should I make this walkable? Set things to environmental objects, use walkmesh cutters, or what? I have not built something this complex with BCK before. I need to make the walkways walkable, and the top of that tower, aside from the gaping hole. I also want to make the broken part of the wall and main entrance walkable from the ground level. There will be no overlapping walkmesh for the front entrance since that part will transition to an interior area.

1 Like

You’ll probably need to make a custom walkmesh helper in Blender. My suggestion is to do it with an override of the PLC_MC_CollBox texture so you can see the walkway in the toolset, then use an iterative process as you shape it out to fit. Once you get the hang of it, the work should just take a few hours.

1 Like

Generally, I transform all the objects in the structure into “environmental object”, even the foundations, because I cut them with a walkmesh cutter (all around). Only flat surfaces are kept walkable.
If you want a better idea of the method, download “The Friendly Arm Inn” prefab, it should give you some tips for finishing your little masterpiece. Have a very nice weekend ! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you! I will look into this method.

Thank you as well! I will also try your method.

Quick question, if I change those things to environmental objects, won’t the AI see through them and be able to fire ranged missiles through them? Or can the walls still block AI sight when they are an environmental object?

No, not if you cut out all the contours with a walkmesh cutter.

2 Likes

Very cool, thanks @raymondsebas!

1 Like

Thanks, @raymondsebas! It has been awhile since I worked on this, but I believe your method did the trick. I will be resuming work on this during the weekend.

1 Like