How to extract the standard palette items from the game?

Hello.
Please could you explain to me how to do this operation?
Just to be more cleare i want to replicate this operation but instead the creature i need to export the STANDARD items.

I know a lot of work await me ,but i really need it.

0 Likes

Why do it yourself when there are the NwN Standard Assets already extracted and on here?

TR

2 Likes

I didn’t knew. You saved me from an heavy job,thx.

1 Like

I downloaded and imported the items into my module but i can’t find them anywhere.
Shouldn’t they be under “custom palette”?

0 Likes

Presumably, the reason you’re doing this is to change the properties of items with a standard resref that are already in many inventories throughout the module?

If you simply import the standard items, they will be in the standard palette (because palette is a property defined in the item template).

Have you tried editing an item in the standard palette?

If that doesn’t work, have a look at how the Creature mod does it.

0 Likes

My aim is to delete the standard palette items and move them under the custom palette, in order to edit them. That is what i did with creatures too.
I want the full control over the items that circulate in my PW,but at the same time im too lazy to create new ones.

0 Likes

Have you tried using moneo to change the palette in each file before importing?

Just guessing here.

0 Likes

No, because i was able to do the same thing im trying to achieve but with creature instead, i made a post about it.](The full control over the standard BW encounters). But this time the same method,which i discovered by accident, did not work.Dunno why. I admit my ignorance about exporting resource from the base game. Here why i asked for a guide.
About moneo… got zero knoweledge on how it work. I think to remember it were linked with the old plugin for nwnx, leto.

0 Likes

moneo is available with tutorial here.

You don’t need nwnx (though I believe it was developed alongside it).

Could be a red herring, though, since your previous method worked for creatures.

0 Likes