Is it worth it?
For me: Yes, definitely.’
Many reasons, will list some.
- speed and stability of the toolset has improved greatly for me since changing to EE. Some features of the old toolset didn´t work for me anymore, ex. F9 for quick testing, thisnow works perfectly again in NWN:EE.
- new functionality like scaling accesible by scripts, lots of good things to say about that for builders.
- graphic overhaul by Beamdog, some already available. Not a big one for me, but nice.
- a new period of support/bugfixes/updates for a very old gem of a game. This point alone is enough for me to invest.
- Steam. I use steam a lot and is very happy about. super easy installation, brings in a new generation of gamers also. My kids can use steam and find NWN much more accesible now. Again this point alone would have been enough for me. Including steam workshop. Glad to see CEP there, hopefully Project Q and Modern D20 will make it some day. I hear Beamdog har an autodownloader in the works, that would be great too.
- Can go on, but will stop