Neverwinter Nights2: Enhanced Edition will be released for PC via Steam on March 27 2020.
Developer Beamdog shared the news during a recent livestream. A summary of what was covered can be found on the studio’s official blog.
New features will include:
- A new campaign that will raise character’s level cap up to 40, covering the events that transpire after the end of Mask of the Betrayer.
- A new hardcore mode for Storms of Zehir, inspired to Icewind Dale 2’s Heart of Winter mode, intended to make the campaign for characters of level 20 to 40.
- A new graphic engine with updated models.
- Multicore support
- Linux native support
- a new, simplified toolset that allows a quick setup of persistent worlds
- several bugfixes that were not adressed in the original
I’m trying very hard not to click on that source button as I suspect this is connected with today’s date but I’m not sure I’m succeeding… . . .
Good try, though.
The 6th bullet point was a give a way
A little too realistic maybe…nah, not really.
Joke’s on you, I love that song.
It will ship with Path of Evil as an included campaign. Path of Evil 2 will be a DLC campaign, and it will look something like this preview:
Even though this was a joke, they should do this. It’s not like they have any better ideas at the moment anyway. I would like to have the appearance wizard return and less crashes due to the limited memory capacity of a 32-bit app. I would gladly pay $30 for a NWN2: Enhanced Edition.
My friend - 30$ would be the cost of the first half of the OC.
LOL. I didn’t notice the date. I was about to get mad about the hard level cap. Why not soft cap it and let players and modders decide?
If NWN2 EE was to happen I would want a full update including ALL of the character classes of 3.5e. Failing that at least unlock the hard coded parts of the system that hinder modders from doing so themselves. Fixing stuff like spellbooks, etc.
There was so much wrong in that one sentence that I immediately knew that it was an April Fools post. There haven’t been any BD livestreams for months and BD have repeatedly said that someone else has the rights to NwN 2.