Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition vs. Enhanced Edition: what's the difference?

I’ve been reading a few things on here but haven’t seen an answer to this. Please bear in mind I dropped out of gaming years ago and I’m just coming back so it’s like being a noob all over again. So can someone tell me what the difference between these is? Also, Diamond Edition (at least the DVDs I have) is 32 bit, is Enhanced Edition 64-bit?

Thanks!

Galdar1486

Enhanced edition is… Well, an updated NWN.

It’s just basically NWN getting support for new systems and adding a bunch of really needed features for content creators as well as performance improvements for players. NWN:EE is now indeed a 64-bit app, yet the main benefit is not seen as the game really struggles with other stuff, not RAM. Lucky us there’s already a huge improvement on performance with the latest dev patch.

Good to know. Can I update my old DVD Diamond Edition to Enhanced Edition somehow or are they separate installs?

Galdar1486

It’s a brand new game, as Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition or Plansescape Torment: EE. It’s not a free update, you must buy it on Beamdog.com, Steam or GOG.

Dag nabbit. I was afraid you’d say that. :frowning: I was hoping to be able to just upgrade since I already found my DVDs…

Galdar1486

You can still update to 1.69 if you don’t have it, though most servers already moved over to EE as they bringed back the master list :stuck_out_tongue:

How? I couldn’t find anyplace to upgrade it?

Galdar1486

https://neverwintervault.org/patch/nwn1/english/nwn-sou-hotu

Thanks!!!

Galdar1486