The Neverwinter Nights Installer Tool version 5.3.5 has been released and is available for download from the Project page.
This is a stability release to resolve problems and apply a number of refinements.
Apologies for the flurry of recent updates all of which have included fixes to prevent NIT crashing under various circumstances. I am hoping that the latest release has resolved the last of the urgent issues. Here is a summary of the key features included in the 5.3 series of releases…
- The Ribbon interface intended to make it easier to find and perform key operations.
- Support for Windows 10 custom scaling.
- A Basic Settings dialogue
- A simplified Font and Colour Editor.
- New Download Rules statements.
- Refined Download Rules processing to avoid unnecessary downloads.
- Improved Download Project error handling.
- Prevent crash when NoInstallerProjects rule applies to a Project being downloaded.
- Prevent crash when processing a Project page that contains certain types of links in the description.
- Avoid downloading individual Required Project files defined by a Project’s rule when the files defined by the Required Project’s rule have already been downloaded.
- View, Clipboard positions the cursor at the start of the contents rather than the end.
- Various corrections to Help.
- Introduced new Download Rule statement to prevent processing Projects that cause NIT to crash or generate incorrect download options.
- When you use the Ribbon to export your Settings, a message is displayed for a short time to let you know the export completed normally.
- The Download Rules File retrieval location is displayed in the Title Bar of the Download Project dialogue.