New Patch for Development/Steam Equivalent

Now on 8168 and the patch notes are on the Roadmap Trello board.

TR

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. Now we finally know where to go look for patch notes with each new beta release.

Double quotes (“) can now be escaped in nwscript (\”).

Woohoo!

The toolset can now open unpacked modules: You need to have it unpacked in a directory the same name as the .mod file (without the .mod extension).

This is cool, too!

1 Like

8169 patch notes are now up on the roadmap trello board.

TR

Object Visual Transformations: You can now scale, translate, rotate the following game objects: Creatures (including players), Items (including held/wielded), Placeables (dynamic only), Doors. You can also adjust the animation speed independently from object scale. This transformation is visual only and has no effect on walkmesh or personal space.

Finally! Thanks BD!

Any script gurus want to create enlarge and shrink spells?

1 Like

Check the videos over here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/70479/fun-with-setobjectvisualtransform-function#latest @ShadowM’s already messed about with enlarge/shrink spells. :smiley:

Just checked. There’s now a new folder in the Beamdog folder for EE. utils is back with nwhak and GFFEditor in it. Win 10 location - \Beamdog\00829\util\win32

TR

1 Like

Well, yes just don’t try to use \ at the end of a string… e.g. sChar == “”;
The common trick of escaping the \ ("\") doesn’t do it.

Just downloaded patch 8172. Notes can be found -

TR

OK what happened to 8173? Patch notes for 8174 (In game the version number is actually 1.75.8174) link as above.

TR

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Development Build 8175 [RC2] has just been released. Notes here.

TR

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Development Build 8177 patch notes here.

TR

Don’t forget about 8178 either, which might become 1.76 in the near future.

New Development Branch patch (at bleepin last). So dev branch is now on 8188. Biggest news - it is a

64 Bit Build!!!

Sizewise it is about 470 meg. Patch Notes (Steam page) Here.

TR

1 Like

Just looked at the patch notes. This has a huge number of very significant changes, including INI and database file replacement. Has anyone tried this build and, if so, has the mouse-click placement issue been resolved?

On a personal note, apart from NIT testing (updates will be required to support some of the changes), I am going stick with the Retail version for now for my playing activities.

I started using it yesterday, and while everything looked beautiful and ran smoothly, I did run into one problem. The giant white box radial menu bug is back again. It’s fixed in 8187, but apparently it’s back again on 8188. Not being able to examine anything or use the radial menu is a gamebreaker. So I rolled back to 8187. I think once that gets fixed again with a hotfix or whatever, then everything will be fine.

Don’t forget to mention it in the appropriate thread over on the Beamdog forums or it might not get re-fixed.

TR

Seems to be. Although you may need to edit the settings.tml file (it’s plain text) to restore it to full screen as it now defaults to windowed mode.

I just checked it and didn’t experience that.

TR

Give it time. It didn’t happen to me right away. Like it took like 5 mins before it started happening. Not sure if that means anything or not. Also, area transitions seemed to make it happen faster.