Posting, testing, editing, etc. Don’t know what’s good or not so good until I do…
- Can see changes made when a post is edited (edit history).
- Posting HTML and drag/drop images work really well.
- Fast response time when submitting edits.
- Lots of linking between posts and replies so you can quickly find what’s referencing what.
- Live preview panel when editing. Sweet.
Not So Good (addressed by niv in a reply to this post):
- can only include 2 links as a “new user”…How does one stop being a “new user”?
- formatting: with straight typing, no matter how many lines I send text down with the enter key, the post will only show a double spaced break before the text picks up again. Not terrible, but it just seems weird to me.
- When putting in HTML and using the “list item” tags, keeping them on the same line puts a single line break after each item, while listing each on a separate line puts a double space between each item.
- If you have more than one line that starts with a dash/hyphen, they automatically get put into an unnumbered list with bullets replacing the hyphens…but evidently only if you put a line break before the hyphen-started lines.
SAMPLE HTML POSTING:
D&D is not always a game of serious topics and deadly combat. Sometimes things just end up a little bit (or a lot) obsurd. This decade old game could use a few more things that are just plain silly or carefully considered D&D humor. A gazebo monster, or a door that looks like a large jar. A band of gnome pickpockets that steal footwear. An overly curious NPC that just follows PCs around until they leave the area. A jester that tells random jokes. A longsword model that looks like a Chainsaw of Bloody Dismemberment. A set of prefab books with humorous descriptions and titles. Apprentice-scribed spells scrolls that have unforseen effects. A short quest that just ends up ridiculous halfway through before having a normal ending. A henchman that has a 25% chance on seeing any human (or elf, or dwarf, etc.) of voicing a crude insult about said being. Be creative!
This theme was suggested by The Amethyst Dragon.
- It must be fully working in game.
- Use of vanilla NWN or publicly available texture is fine. Just remember that NWN textures must have dimensions in powers of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.).
- Teamwork is welcome.
- Beginners most welcome. Don't be afraid, just try, you'll be surprised!
- "Custom Content" includes many sorts of things: models, scripts, prefabs (areas, items, creatures, conversations, quests, etc.), sounds, portraits, or anything else new for the game.
- All submissions must be finished, working, and emailed to NWNCCCMakers@gmail.com (or a non-Vault link provided) by May 1st, 2017. Sooner than that is perfectly fine too. ;-)
TEST IMAGE DRAG&DROP: