Policy Toward Twitch Streaming/YouTube Let's Plays of Fan-Created Modules

I’m sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place, but I was wondering if there was a community policy about twitch streaming or let’s playing modules.

Is that something that would upset mod creators? Should I try to get permission first? Or is that something that people would generally be okay with?

I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes. I’m just a non-modder who thinks that what you all do is very cool.

2 Likes

AFAIK, there isn’t a policy. While I don’t think any creator would object to the free publicity for their module, it would still be a good idea to ask.

The only objection I could see is that any videos/walkthroughs would undoubtably contain spoilers that some creators may not want out there.

1 Like

Unless the module specifies restrictions on usage, no permission is required, though I agree it would be courteous to omit (or warn about) spoilers.

1 Like

Thank you both very much!

I’d love to see LPs of some of the modules around here. My own, of course (vanity!*) but also those I’ll never play for whatever reason, but still am curious about.

*To the tune of “Maskerade!” from Phantom of the Opera