New version released, here is changelog:
- Imbue Item conversation won’t show some spells more times anymore
- invocation will now be used with their innate level against spell mantle and spell level immunity (was the spellbook spell level), likewise
- fixed spell resistance/immunity to work on eldritch blast, this will also properly respect the spell level increase from shape or blast invocations
- added polymorphing visual effect into word of changing invocation
- fixed hideous blows, eldritch chain and eldritch spear to be usable on creatures again
- fixed divine wrath not calculating champion of bane levels properly
- reworked warlock dispel spells, should work properly now, also they now count spell level of the dispelled AOE spell
- reworked racial type changes: character can change his race only once, the info about character original race is now kept in database instead of skin (that way losing skin will not affect persistency of this feature)
- reworked sneak attack of PRC classes: now, both Arcane Trickster and Black Flame Zealot gets their own feat such as “Sneak Attack, Arcane Trickster 1d6” which will increase properly at each level. This will stack with rogue sneak and will allow player to take Improved Sneak Attack feat with combination of rogue/bg/assassin+arcane trickster or black flame zealot that gives at least 8d6 sneak (note this doesn’t work immediately on the level where you achieve the combination, but next). Practically nothing changes, technically this new solution is more clean and transparent to the player (no more feat cluttering in character sheet), also the solution no longer uses PC Skin but NWNX feature - this avoids any potential issues with PC Skin being lost.
- acolyte of the skin bonuses to ability score will be now granted permanently (until now they have been granted as ability increase effect which will ignore +12 cap - however as such they didn’t granted more spell uses/slots and didn’t count for feat prerequisites)
- acolyte’s Physical Power now gives +2str and +2con and Mental Power +2int and +2char
- fixed prerequisites for two weapon defense and oversized two weapon fighting
- fixed bug where AC from two weapon defense never went away
- reworked versatile two-weapon fighting (no longer gives bonus feats on weapon, should work much reliable and safer now)
- reworked elemental savant:
– disallowed to take more than one elemental specialty feat (script will delevel player in such case)
– bonus feats each 4lvl (was incorrectly 3)
– new abilities at epic levels (polymorph into elemental shape, damage reduction and ability increase +2 str/dex/con based on chosen elemental)
– more choices for bonus feats
Black Flame Zealot, Arcane Trickster and Elemental Savant at epic level won’t get new feats automatically. Player must delevel and relevel to get them, and without the new feats, player won’t get the benefits anymore.
I made Elemental Savant as closes PnP as possible. However there is one significant alteration over Epic levels implementation from official source. In PnP, elemental savant, and this apply to all classes actually, should get Great Ability feats as bonus feats only for abilities that the class increases - that is strength, constitution and dexterity. And that is only under condition of the chosen elemental, ie. earth can take strength only, water constitution only and air/fire dexterity only.
First of all, this condition is not implementable. That is without delevelling player when he chooses wrong, which is ugly workaround I won’t choose.
Secondly, elemental savant already can take Great Intelligence, Charisma and Wisdom - this is incorrect per PnP, however all spellcasting classes, base and prestige in vanilla NWN can take Great Ability for casting ability.
In my opinion, without changing all vanilla classes to use 3.5 PnP rules, it makes no sense exclude Great Intelligence/Charisma/Wisdom from spellcasting prestige classes’ bonus feat lists.
And because Elemental Savant therefore allows to take int, char and wis already I was hesistant to give him the 3 remaining abilities - as he would then be able to select all of them.