PRC Lite and NWNCX

i will check the package for skills, it is possible I forgot something - I made the whole warlock package from package of different class and then edited value so maybe there are some leftovers

checked the canrips (orisons), seems that cleric has only 5 of them in vanilla, which I didn’t realize, I gave FS 7 spells because thats how much sorcerer gets. Will reduce it to 5 then.

EDIT2: okay there is serious issue with packages and custom base classes in character creation. If you choose configure packages, some weird package is set to the character not the one you selected before hitting that button. And if you just select Warlock package and click Ok then character won’t receive spells. (which reminds me NWN:EE has some package issue when creating character with custom base class as well)

Version 4.2a released. Problems with packages should be fixed now. Turned out that engine was setting package with ID equal to class ID. For vanilla classes this works perfectly since the basic packages for classes have indeed same ID as classes itself. Unfortunately, this didn’t work out for custom base classes (warlock class id = 50, but there is existing package with id 50 Monk Peasant).

Also fixed OK button in package selection not giving any spells to custom base classes.

Favored Soul fixes:

• added missing package
  • DC should now be wisdom based
  • removed ability to select Epic Mage Armor and Epic Warding
  • number of orisons(cantrips) reduced to 5 since there aren’t more of them anyway

Cantrips are fixed, but I noticed something.

• Sacred Fist doesn’t seem to give an extra attack if the character doesn’t have any Monk levels. I wasn’t very thorough with checking this and I might just be misreading it, however. Class abilities (Sacred Flame, Inner Armor, etc) all function regardless of monk levels.

Version 2.5 released.

• new general feats
  • rebalanced some of the prestige classes epic bonus feats to match DnD epic levels manual
  • added epic spells to be bonus feats for druid and cleric to match DnD epic levels manual
  • reworked older custom general feats to be class-specific, ie. the feat will be selectable only when levelling certain class (example. Practiced Spellcaster (Wizard) will now be choseable only when levelling up wizard)
  • vanilla classes will now be able to select some of the new general feats as bonus feat
  • added fist of iron into every base class radial menu
  • fixed monk UBAB not working on Sacred Fist without monk.

Sorry had no time for testing at all. New feats might have incorrect name/description and they might not work. Dexterous Will and Fortitude might even crash if I messed it - the code for these two feats is inside new plugin nwncx_prclite (I made new plugin because I had no idea how to make this feature dynamic in good way so it didn’t fit into nwncx_patch).

I will post detailed list of these feats soon.

Death of Enemies
Type of Feat: Epic, General
Prerequisite: Bane of Enemies, Discipline 30 ranks, five or more favored enemies.
Specifics: Any time you score a critical hit against one of your favored enemies, it must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your ranger class level + your Wisdom modifier) or die instantly. Creatures immune to critical hits can’t be affected by this feat.
Use: Automatic.
Selectable by: Ranger (epic bonus feat)
Remarks: in DnD rules this feat requires 30 points in Survival skill. Since this skill doesn’t exists I decided to change it into discipline. Not sure if this one is the best match, maybe search or spot would be better.

Improved Favored Enemy I-X
Prerequisite: Five or more favored enemies.
Specifics: Add +1 to the bonus on Listen, Spot, and Taunt checks and damage rolls against all your favored enemies. This feat may be taken multiple times. Its effects stack.
Selectable by: Ranger (epic bonus feat)

Chaotic Rage
Prerequisite: Rage 5x/day, chaotic alignment
Specifics: Any weapon you wield while in a rage is treated as an anarchic weapon (it is chaos-aligned and deals an extra 2d6 points of damage against creatures of lawful alignment). This ability does not stack with similar abilities.
Selectable by: Barbarian (epic bonus feat)
Remarks: can be choseed with wrong alignment. But when used without chaotic alignment it will have no effect (no error message is printed). Also, the feat work same way as thundering rage - it will apply the benefits only to the weapons held when activating rage.

Fast Healing I - III
Prerequisite: Con 25+
Specifics: Your natural healing rate is fastened, each time you take this feat you gain +3 regeneration per minute. This feat may be taken multiple times. Its effects stack.
Selectable by: Anyone, Barbarian (epic bonus feat), Druid (epic bonus feat), Dwarven Defender (epic bonus feat), Monk (epic bonus feat), Ranger (epic bonus feat), Warlock (epic bonus feat)

Holy Strike
Prerequisite: Smite evil, any good alignment
Specifics: Any weapon you wield is treated as a holy weapon (is good-aligned and deals an extra 2d6 points of damage against creatures of evil alignment). If the weapon already has an alignment, this feat has no effect on the weapon.
Selectable by: Paladin (epic bonus feat), Champion of Torm (epic bonus feat)
Remarks: can be choseed with wrong alignment. But it will not grant any benefits with wrong alignment (no error message is printed). Will not work without weapon (should it?).

Unholy Strike
Prerequisite: Smite good, any evil alignment
Specifics: Any weapon your wield is treated as an unholy weapon (it is evil-aligned and deals an extra 2d6 points of damage against creatures of good alignment). This ability doesn’t stack with similar abilities. If the weapon already has an alignment, this feat has no effect on the weapon.
Selectable by: Blackguard (epic bonus feat), Champion of Bane (epic bonus feat)
Remarks: can be choseed with wrong alignment. But it will not grant any benefits with wrong alignment (no error message is printed). Will not work without weapon (should it?).

Righteous Strike
Prerequisite: Wis 19, Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, any lawful alignment.
Specifics: Your unarmed strike is treated as an axiomatic weapon (it is lawfully aligned and deals an extra 2d6 points of damage against creatures of chaotic alignment). This ability doesn’t stack with similar abilities.
Selectable by: Anyone, Monk (epic bonus feat)

Sneak Attack of Opportunity
Prerequisite: Sneak attack +8d6, opportunist class feature.
Specifics: Any attack of opportunity you make is considered a sneak attack.
Selectable by: Rogue (epic bonus feat), Assassin (epic bonus feat), Arcane Trickster (epic bonus feat)
Remarks: requires rogue sneak attack 8d6. forgot to allow select it with combined sneak from multiple classes.

Dexterous Will
Prerequisite: Dex 25, slippery mind class feature.
Specifics: Once per round, when targeted by an effect that requires a Will saving throw, you may make a Reflex save instead to avoid the effect (evasion is not applicable).
Selectable by: Rogue (epic bonus feat), Assassin (epic bonus feat), Shadowdancer (epic bonus feat)

Dexterous Fortitude
Prerequisite: Dex 25, slippery mind class feature.
Specifics: Once per round, when targeted by an effect that requires a Fortitude saving throw, you may make a Reflex save instead to avoid the effect (evasion is not applicable).
Selectable by: Rogue (epic bonus feat), Assassin (epic bonus feat), Shadowdancer (epic bonus feat)

Improved Death Attack I-X
Prerequisite: Death attack class feature, sneak attack +5d6.
Specifics: Add +2 to the DC of your death attack. You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects stack.
Selectable by: Black Flame Zealot
Remarks: should be selectable by assassin however I didn’t gave assassin the PnP death attack so it made no sense.

Improved Arrow of Death I-X
Prerequisite: Dex 19, Wis 19, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, arrow of death class feature.
Specifics: Add +2 to the DC of your arrows of death. This feat may be taken multiple times. Its effects stack.
Selectable by: Arcane Archer (epic bonus feat)

Infinite Deflection
Prerequisite: Dex 25+, Lightning Reflexes, Deflect Arrows, Improved Unarmed Strike.
Specifics: You may perform any number of deflections each round, as the Deflect Arrows feat.
Selectable by: Fighter (epic bonus feat), Monk (epic bonus feat), Shadowdancer (epic bonus feat)

Keen Strike
Prerequisite: Str 23+, Wis 23+, Improved Critical (unarmed strike), Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, Ki Strike +3.
Specifics: Your unarmed strike has a critical threat range of 18-20 and deals slashing damage. This ability doesn’t stack with other abilities that expand your unarmed strike’s threat range.
Selectable by: Monk (epic bonus feat)
Remarks: this feat should make monks fist make bludgeoning+slashing so the engine will take the better of the two when dealing with damage resistance. This shouldn’t be possible, in DnD this feat changes fist to slashing only, monk has the choice to change it to bludgeoning but when he does so he loses the keen range. I was lazy to make this toggle-able plus I am not sure if we need to be this strict in this case.

Vorpal Strike
Prerequisite: Str 25+, Wis 25+, Improved Critical (unarmed strike), Improved Unarmed Strike, Keen Strike, Stunning Fist, Ki Strike +3.
Specifics: Your unarmed strike is considered to be a slashing vorpal weapon. This ability doesn’t stack with similar abilities.
Selectable by: Monk (epic bonus feat)
Remarks: the vorpal has dc 14

Bulwark of Defense
Prerequisite: Con 25+, defensive stance 3/day.
Specifics: Your defensive stance bonuses increase to +4 Strength, +6 Constitution, +4 resistance bonus on all saves, and +6 dodge bonus to AC.
Selectable by: Dwarven Defender (epic bonus feat)

OLDER GENERAL FEATS
Fist of Iron, Two Weapon Defense I-III, Augmented Summoning, Remain Conscious, Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting, Greater/Perfect Two Weapon Fighting - selectable by anyone
Two Weapon Defense I-III, Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting, Greater Two Weapon Fighting - added to the fighter/eldritch knight bonus feat list
Perfect Two Weapon Fighting - added to the fighter/eldritch knight bonus feat list and ranger epic bonus feat list
Battle Caster - selectable by Warlock only
Practiced Spellcaster - selectable only by spellcaster classes and only by that class
Divine Resistance, Divine Cleansing, Empower Turning, Divine Vigor, Invoke Divine Wrath, Disciple of the Sun, Sacred Vengeance - selectable by Blackguard, Cleric, Paladin only
Epic Divine Shield, Epic Divine Might, Epic Divine Resistance, Epic Divine Vigor - selectable by Blackguard, Cleric, Paladin as epic bonus feat
Extended Rage, Instantaneous Rage, Intimidating Rage, Extra Rage - selectable by Barbarian and Eye of the Gruumsh only

Suggestions to changes welcome. However, DnD 3.5 rules needs to be used as source or guideline, if possible.

It’s going to take me a bit to get through all of these, but I’ll try. Already, I feel like Death of Enemies should require Spot instead of Discipline.

Death of Enemies seems to be functionally the same thing but for Wisdom. A character building toward it specifically it will thus have very high Wisdom, and possibly less Strength or even Dexterity than a typical build. Rangers are one of the few classes who can not only take Spot as a class skill, but already need Wisdom for their spells. Any high-level martial character worth their salt will have Discipline, but basing it off of Spot rewards focusing on the Ranger’s strengths as a class. Also, according to the SRD, Survival in PnP is keyed off of Wisdom anyway.

Also, Holy/Unholy/Righteous Strike’s perquisites all but force the character to have the required alignment. Champion of Torm can be neutral, but Champion of Bane and Blackguard are both Evil-exclusive, which makes Smite Good Evil-exclusive as well. Righteous Strike could be made to require the Monk AC Bonus feat, though none of this solves that the feats are useless without the proper alignment, but that’s intended, I think? Chaotic Rage, I’m not sure, since Barbarian isn’t required to be Chaotic, just not Lawful.

I agree with your reasoning for Death of Enemies. WIll change it to spot then.

As for alignment-specific feats, I might code alignment requirement in plugin - NWN doesn’t allow this normally which is why you can select these feats with wrong alignment now, but it is not so hard for me to add this feature. But it is not priority now.

And I forgot to write note for Infinite Deflection - the feat requires Lightning Reflexes instead of Combat Reflexes in PnP. Combat Reflexes feat doesn’t exists, and while I could make it and add it into game, I decided it might be better to reuse normally weak and useless feat instead. If I added Combat Reflexes I would have no icon for it and would have to re-use icon of lightning reflexes anyway which would then be a bit confusing.

Btw, please if you find some feat bugged, send me a savegame - the main reason I didn’t test this myself is because the feats need very specific characters so it is very time exhausting to test it all.

Will start testing on my own too. Dexterous Fortitude works properly, assuming Will does too. Sneak Attack of Opportunity also works. EDIT: hehe sneak attack of opportunity ignores immunity to sneak attack :slight_smile:

• Sacred Fist still doesn’t gain extra attacks per round on its own. A single level of Monk seems to fix everything. Maybe I’m misreading it and they’re not supposed to gain extra attacks, just AB?

• Infinite Deflection’s name and description are swapped, you set them to the wrong strings. I believe the feat works properly, as the character deflected way more arrows than normal. A few still hit, however.

• Keen Strike’s name is the same strref as Infinte Deflection. The description ref is the name, just like Infinite Deflection. It also doesn’t apply the effects until the character equips gloves, but this is very minor. The feat itself functions as intended.

• Vorpal Strike uses Keen Strike’s description for it’s name. Not a bug, but I’d suggest raising Vorpal Strike’s DC by a bit. It’s difficult to take since it requires investment in Great Attribute feats, and Monks typically don’t use Strength at all. By the time the feat can be selected, most enemies have high enough Fortitude to be immune. The feat itself functions as intended.

hmm i see it now, I allowed non-monk sacred fist to use monk UBAB progression that is -3ab between attacks, I though this will automatically give the extra attack as well but it didn’t… ok will fix it

as for vorpal, in PnP vorpal decapitates creature on critical hit ie. instant death no save, that seemed too overpowered to me so I gave the usual DC that vorpal weapons have. It is going to work only on natural 1 practically this way but idk. Maybe I can house rule the DC to be similar to the Death of Enemies. 10 + half monk class + wis mod?

Without Keen gloves or something similar, the best crit range a character could get for Unarmed Strike (I’m assuming Vorpal and Keen Strike don’t work with Kamas) is 18-20. I wouldn’t go as far as 10 + Half Monk + Wis, but 10 + Wis allows it to trigger more often against weaker opponents. The highest possible DC for it would be 30, but the feat requirements make it difficult to achieve that in the first place.

Hmm it actually seems that UBAB on non-monk sacred fist works, character sheet just doesn’t update on first level taken but when I try attack placeable or when I level up I can see the extra attack(s) in character sheets. Please verify.

The character sheet doesn’t update for me, and I’m only getting 4 APR +1 from Haste with 16 Favored Soul/24 Sacred Fist, as seen here.

This is the relevant save.

When I load that save and open character sheet I get:
+32/+29/+26/+23/+20/+17
When I attack placeable it matches + I get 7th attack from haste at 32ab.

I see two explanations here:

1. you didn’t updated nwncx_patch from last release
  2. I didn’t put new nwncx_patch into that release

Ok so it is the latter. Nevermind. You can ignore this it is fixed I just packaged wrong files.

version 2.6 released

changelog:

• Loremaster prestige class
  • fixed some of the new feats descriptions
  • death of enemies now requires 30 spot not discipline
  • vorpal strike now has DC 10 + half lvl monk + wisdom modifier
  • holy strike has been added as epic bonus feat to Champion of Torm
  • unholy strike has been added as epic bonus feat to Champion of Bane
  • fist of iron changed to match 3.5 DnD (the old implementatio was based on 3.0 source), now it grants 1d6 damage and shares uses with stunning fist (the feat has unlimited uses and will reduce uses of stunning fist when used)

Remarks for Loremaster:

• brand new class, it doesn’t exist in PRC so I had to reuse existing icons from vanilla/PRC, help with making custom icons would be appreciated I don’t like that one I stole from PRC
  • class is selectable by all spellcasters including Warlock.
  • skill bonuses from Lore and Instant Mastery counts towards +50 cap (for now at least until I enable to make uncapped skill bonus in nwncx plugin)
  • Instant Mastery will simply add +1 to all skills, the PnP benefit was too difficult to implement and I thought that +1 to all skills would be better anyway
  • the selection of Secret feats is based on level only, inteligence modifier won’t affect it - this is quite difficult to implement, maybe later
  • Dodge Trick bonus to AC counts towards +20 cap (intented)
  • Weapon Trick bonus to AB doesn’t counts towards +20 cap
  • bonus spells from last two secret feats will be granted to all spellcasting baseclasses (should be probably granted to the highest class but I was too tired to implement it that way…)

I still need to check out a lot of the feats, but I did quickly checked Loremaster.

• More Newfound Arcana shows up as a bonus feat at the same time as Newfound Arcana, allowing it to be picked first.

• More/ Newfound Arcana might function properly, but it’s misleading. I believe it’s meant to give the character extra spell slots, but it’s worded in a way that implies the character learns more spells, which it doesn’t do.

• Greater and True Lore don’t seem to do anything. If they’re Spell-Like-Abilities, they don’t show up in a radial menu.

Aside from that, with the new .dll, Sacred Fist works properly now. All of the other Loremaster feats seem to work properly as well, and I was able to take it as Warlock with the proper feats. (Crafting ones, in this case)

Newfound arcana should be selectable since lvl 7 and more newfound arcana from 9. Maybe I put wrong 2das into released version again but when I tested this in my development module I couldn’t reproduce this.

yes forgot to make them show in radial menu…

btw, was thinking about adding some new epic general feats for spellcasters. Especially Enhance Spell feat looks promising. However, the feat should be metamagic, but that is probably out of question even with my abilities with nwnx. So if, then the feat would be passive/automatic instead. I don’t really think it would be that much overpowered even as automatic feat and in DnD you can take Improved Spell Capacity which gives slots at lvl 10+ or Improved Metamagic which reduces cost of the metamagic spell lvl cost by 1 which both will make using Enhance spell metamagic easier anyway.

I’m going through the Ranger feats right now, but the new Monk feats have the proper titles and descriptions. However, Stunning Fist doesn’t have a usage cap any more, I.E, it works like Knockdown or Called Shot. Fist of Iron has the same issue now that it’s tied to Stunning Fist’s usages per day.

• Oversized Weapon Fighting mentions that a Ranger can ‘pick’ a two-weapon combat style. Rangers automatically get Ambidexterity and the Two-Weapon Fighting feats for free, rather than picking anything. I’m guessing this is a holdover from the PRC or directly copied from a book?

• Death of Enemies has its title set to the Defensive Bulwark description string.

• Death of Enemies DC is 14, regardless of Ranger level or Wisdom modifier.

Improved Favored Enemy seems to function as intended. At the very least, I noticed a massive increase in damage against favored enemies on crit.

Not a bug, but an observation, A Ranger with levels in Tempest and Weapon Master focusing on Scimitars and taking Death of Enemies and Improved Favored Enemies is an incredibly dangerous melee character.

I’m not sure about adding Enhance Spell if it has to be a passive ability. I don’t quite understand how it functions, but it seems to be a better version of Empower Spell, which even for a high-level Caster is a significant boost if it’s something that applies to all of their spells, especially when things like Archmage and Practiced Spellcaster can boost a multiclass character’s effective Caster Level beyond what it should normally be in vanilla NWN.

EDIT:

• Discipline of the Sun can be taken without a good alignment. It doesn’t work, however. Functioning as intended?

• Black Flame Zealot can only be taken for 10 levels. I can’t remember if this is intentional.

• Improved Death Attack is not selectable when prerequisites are met. Maybe it’s set to check for the Assassin version?

well this is epic feats, a lot of them is bit overpowered isn’t it? as for how this works, it basically enables spells like firebal to deal extra 10 or 5 dice damage (ie fireball has cap 15d6 so it would be 25 or 20) but only if player has caster level big enough, ie if the feat increases cap of horrid wilting to 25d6 and player will only have 21 caster level it will do 21d8 damage. I would probably implement it as +5 dice regardless of the spell (in PnP its +10 for most spells +5 for weaker ones). Not sure if I would allow it to be taken multiple times.

yes, vanilla nwn doesn’'t have alignment requirement for feat, it is in my todo list to add but low priority one

Well BFZ has 10 levels in original PRC as well which is where I copied it from. Though, I would say that every class with 10 levels progression is suitable to the epic levels. Might add it but BFZ has no other scaling feature than sneak so the epic levels would be kinda empty…

in version 2.5 it requires 5d6 sneak from rogue so thats probably why? I already made it work with other classes and also combined sneak attack but I will release it when I get through the issues you reported

If Enhance Spell is capped to +5 dice, that could be fine, since AFAIK even with Archmage and Practiced Spellcaster it’s still impossible to get above 40 Caster Level.

I wasn’t able to select Improved Death Attack even with +5d6 Sneak Attack from Rogue.

Also, I noticed that BFZ’s version of Death Attack cites Assassin as something it stacks with, while it’s impossible to actually take Assassin and BFZ on the same character since BFZ requires Divine casting and Sneak Attack. Would it be possible to make Assassin’s Death Attack function as a prerequisite, and rename BFZ’s Death Attack to something like “Death Attack (Black Flame Zealot)” like how Arcane Trickster’s Sneak Attack is named something else? Barring that, removing the reference to Assassin for BFZ’s Death Attack would be a much quicker and easier fix.

Im hesitant to remove the assassin reference because the way it should work is that Assassin gets the same death attack as BFZ and sneak attack as BFZ, therefore assassin+bfz should be possible to build and both classes should stack. BTW Assassin’s death attack should already count as sneak attack requirement for BFZ.