version 2.7b released
- added new general feat Two Weapon Rend
- Duelist now requires 3 ranks in Parry skill instead of Perform
- all class bonuses to skills and saving throws should now be uncapped
- fixed duelist’s Canny Defense, it will now properly increase dexterity modifier and thus this ac bonus will follow same rules as ac from dexterity (ie, uncanny dodge feat applies)
- fixed duelist’s Precise Strike
- corrected duelist’s Elaborate Parry feat description
- reworked Chaotic Rage - it should apply the damage bonus as effect now
- damage type of Holy and Unholy Strike changed to physical
- Holy and Unholy Strike should no longer apply when fighting unarmed
- Black Flame Zealot will no longer be able to take ranger’s dual-wield feat.
- Improved Death Attack and Bulwark of Defense should now be selectable.
Prerequisites: Dex 15+, base attack bonus +9, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Fighting.
Benefit: If you hit an opponent with a weapon in each hand in the same round, you may automatically rend the opponent. This deals additional damage equal to the base damage of the smaller weapon plus 1 ½ times your Strength modifier. Base weapon damage includes an enhancement bonus on damage, if any. You can only rend once per round, regardless of how many successful attacks you make.
Selectable by: everyone, Fighter, Ranger, Duelist, Eldritch Knight as bonus feat
Remarks: deals magic damage from same reason as lingering damage, also was thinking that Black Flame Zealot should maybe get it as epic bonus feat?
There is known issue with Precise Strike. Character sheet only shows +2d6 Physical even though it should be more. That is, if the module doesn’t use CEP2, if module uses CEP2 you should see 3d6/4d6/5d6/6d6 properly. But if module is not using CEP2 it will show only 2d6. This is visual issue only, I tested it and the damage is applied correctly. This is happening because in vanilla highest damage bonus effect you can grant is 2d6, I didn’t want to modify the 2da that defines these values to not break compatibility with modules using custom nonCEP2 version of that 2da. So script in fact grants the total precise strike bonus as sums of 2d6 and 1d6 (ie it will apply 2d6 + 2d6 instead of 4d6). This however for some reason isn’t seen in character sheet.
It is possible that similar character sheet issue might happen when precise strike will be used with holy strike/unholy strike/chaotic rage. Untested.
Also Precise Strike applies against everyone, while DnD rules states it works only against creatures without immunity to critical hits. I can implement this correctly using nwnx, however I thought this is probably not needed. The feat doesn’t seem overpowered to me and neither duelist class itself.