- fixed bug in previous fix for special attacks uses decrementing - turned out all special attacks attempted to decrement stunning feat uses allowing to use them endlessly
- description of BFZ/AT sneak damage changed to match vanilla rogue/BG sneak description
- feats that requires specific alignment will no longer be selectable without this alignment
- reworked feat requirements for sneak attack, this is now controlled via NWNX and will stack rogue sneak, BG sneak, assassin death attack, improved sneak attack and any custom content sneak attack (in our case Arcane Trickster and BFZ) together
- removed system feat you might seen in feat list previously
- disabled metamagic from two warlock invocations (metamagic should not be useable on invocations)
- new icon for practiced spellcaster (warlock)
- removed black background from warlock class icon
- new icons for elemental savant and loremaster classes
- colored icons for Warlock, Favored Soul, Arcane Trickster, Mystic Theurge, Harper Mage, Duelist, Champion of Bane, Eldritch Knight, Stormlord, Tempest, Sacred Fist, Red Avenger
- fixed stunning fist not working on targets with more hitdice (nwncx_patch issue)
- fixed stunning fist DC calculation - was missing the initial 10 value (nwncx_patch issue)
Special thanks to TheBarbarian for new icons!
Also, this release includes new experimental nwncx_patch feature to implement DnD rules for initiative. This is automatic and should make character who loses initiative to be flatfooted against his attacker(s).
I tested this 1vs1 PC against NPC with combat debugging enabled and it worked properly. However further testing is required. This will basically enable sneak attacks on first flurry and also it will ignore target’s dodge/dexterity. So overally pretty neat buff to dexterity based characters and to initiative feats which are in vanilla absolutely useless.
Extended info for sneak attack feat requirement: previously, when player character acquired total 8 sneak feats from any source I granted him system feat that allowed him to take any feat that requires 8d6 sneak (improved sneak attack, lingering damage, sneak attack of opportunity). SImilarly with improved death attack that needed 5d6 sneak.
This had two limitations:
- it made character illegal by the eyes of ELC (that is not an issue in singleplayer at all but it is something to keep in mind)
- it didn’t allow player to take the improved sneak attack/lingering damage at the level where player gained the combination of 8d6 sneak, only at next level granting feat to be taken.
Both limitations are now gone, player will be able to select improved sneak attack on the same level where he acquire 8d6 sneak and system feats are gone too.
When I was testing this with older saves, I ran into the issue though. It is possible that some of the old characters that had levels in Arcane Trickster/BFZ will not be able to take it. You might need to re-level them because in first versions they got only 1 sneak feat and this system is not counting levels in classes but how many sneak feats player has.
Also note that the new feat requirements are client side for now. Therefore if ran in multiplayer, player that wouldn’t use NWNCX could select improved sneak attack at lvl 21 without 8d6 sneak. This will be resolved later…