Problem with latest Windows 10 update

Windows did it’s usual whether-you-like-it-or-not update this morning and immediately broke NWN toolset. It stated that my graphics driver needed updating but then when checking for a new one it seemed to think that the current one was fine. Just in case that was Windows being dim I chased around in circles on the AMD site, where the automatic checker said I needed an update and then simply sent me back to the page to download the tool that tells me I need an update (an hour of my life I won’t get back there), before rolling back the update and shutting down the update service so it won’t (shouldn’t) happen again.

However, I thought I’d ask and find out if anyone else had the issue and if so how did you get around it?

Answers requested in a language designed to be understood by old ladies please!

I’m having a different problem, but it also started following the latest Windows 10 update. When I load a saved game, it can take the area several minutes to load. Once it does load, the game is so slow that it is almost completely frozen. It’s simply unplayable now. :cry:

I had the same issue with NWN2 after the April update (1803). The Nvidia driver got disabled by the update. If you have an Nvidia card just fire Geforce Experience, it downloads the last driver, install it. You are set.

It is not related to NWN, NWN2. I tried more recent games like Fallout 4. I had exactly the same issue.

@Gadifer do you been able to resolve your issue ? I installed the Windows 10 update 1083 creators update and now I have the same issue that you. It’s unplayable since then and as @Claudius33 said I updated the Intel graphic drivers but didn’t have any effect.

You may try to fully uninstall the Intel HD Graphic driver then reinstall it using DDU as this thread suggests it :
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/after-windows-10-creator-update-intel-hd-graphics/123b37ab-3f57-4986-ae00-90f2eb6b28ef

I’m sorry, I can’t help you more, maybe some techie around here

@Claudius33 thank you! But finally I did a un-upgrade on the options because I was still on time for doing that. I’m scare that it will upgrade soon and I will need to do some tinkering like the link you said. My problem is that I don’t have any idea of how to do that! :worried: I took me all day to roll back the update. :grinning:

I had the same issue, as Windows 10 doesn’t seem to give you an easy option to do so but there are instructions on how to do so on the web if you search. I promptly forget how again unfortunately, a feature of middle age, but do remember it wasn’t too difficult.