What is it?
This, granted, a bit overdramatic title, is a working title for an upcoming PW - Project that is deeply in development.
It consists of the remains of the cormanthor.de project and team.
Though we have yet not much to talk about and show, some of the previous screenshots about what you can expect to come up.
As with cormanthor before we thrive for high quality and design that has not yet been seen before.
It is considered to be a Persistent roleplay world based in the Forgotten Realms setting.
This time however with a different approach.
This thread will be updated with new information and development process from time to time. So feel free to follow if you like and keep yourself updated!
Can I help?
Yes you can, it is not yet fully determined wether or not this is going to be german only, or international.
So it is hard to ask for people with no german understanding to join.
However if you do and want to be part, please step by and talk to us!
We’re allways looking for a helping hand or more!
Please feel free to join!
Some of the “old” Screenshot from the cormanthor project which will be fully recycled and reused but more to come with similar quality!
I don’t speak very good german, but I would like to just walk around those area’s they look great!
That is of course allways possible no matter what!
Feel free to do so once released.
A little teaser …
Some might recognize it, some won’t.
Updated the old picture.
This one reveals a bit more!
Could you confirm whether or not this project still contains my work, Leaf, in spite of my explicit request that it be removed? I’d like to know what your decision on that matter was, in the end.
I’ll dryly note that a statement of this sort is very much in the spirit of a promotional thread, as it is a matter of advertising project features as well as of giving thanks and credit to contributors, should you have chosen to keep my work despite my request to the contrary. Publicly respecting coworkers and contributors, including former ones, is very much a benevolent and beneficial PR activity that can only ever reflect positively upon the person who performs the gesture, after all.
It has been a while since we were able to talk about this Project.
We planned and thought things through and are now deeply in development.
Though we’re not ready yet to show any significant progress, I want to talk about the general direction and what the project is actually about.
Now after we closed Cormanthor for various reasons, we analyzied the scenery and what went wrong, where we head into false directions and what we could change.
We also reevaluated the situation, the playerbase and our aimed audience.
We came to the conclusion that the old playerbase of hardcore roleplayers, who don’t look for anything else, is very thin. Stuff shifted and actually people want to play their characters, use their weapons and spells.
We heard that, we learned and we will provide that.
Phoenix was meant metaphorical. We had to burn everything to ashed, to renew the project.
We are going a different approach now, yet it still remains a roleplay centric environment.
So what does change:
Roleplay and Backstory:
- The Server will play in 5th Edition Neverwinter. After the city has been destroyed, Lord Nasher and his bloodline died and Lord Neverember took over and rebuilt the city. We will play in a yet partly destroyed city which however strives to become a cosmopolitical jewel in the Sword Coast region, probably even succeeding Deepwater?
Roleplay will continue to be the main aspect of the world and Project. We continue to support it with Gamemasters and administrational help like providing housing and speical Items or political power.
- 5th Edition: While being rightfully controversial, it will give us the freedom of a yet unhappened future we can explore and craft. Older versions have the issue that the future is set in stone and events, like the Spellplague, will happen in a very short timeframe that will limit our storytelling possiblities.
The 5th Edition is playing in the year 1480+ which means 100 years after the cataclysmic events.
- And yes Dragonborn will be playeable!
More PvE and Action stuff: You will be able to hunt monsters, crawl dungeons and search fro treasures and rare materials.
Crafting will be woven into the whole world with materials to be gatherd from everywhere and some very rare and important ones need a group of people and advetures to retrieve for them being protected by ancient monsters or vile bandits.
- Items will be more accessable and can be found everywhere. Being them magical herbs or Mushrooms thatslightly boost your physical abilities, or a powerfull spell forgotten in an ancient book.
- Monsters, Dungeons and Spawns will be plenty and they will become more and more dangerous the deeper you travel. We want you to be able to have fun and often fun also means to just obliterate a group of goblins with a fireball.
High Quality areas, features and design is going to stay. As you can see on the provided screenshots we will continue to deliver this kind of quality.
- Due to the fact that we want to enable more action content, gathering and crafting. We decided to step back a bit from the D&D item philosophy and attribute selection.
We will rebalance stuff and change things to match the idea of providing seamingless fun without restricting people. We will therefor make sure balance allows you complete freedom and an easy accessable play through the world.
- D&D 5.0 Rules: This might be a future thing but we will try to bring a few things this edition made well and works great into existence in NWN. This goes hand in hand with some balance changes we’re going to do.
- This is something that might happen but requires a lot of changes and content added by Beamdog. But things like new classes with real spellbooks and stuff like that are considered.
- “The new Renderer ™” will probably enable us to even further improve graphical output and atmsphere, so this is something we will deffinately explore as overall look and realistic design is a core feature of this pw.
- And many things more. A lot of Details this post is probably not the right to list.