Since there seems to be some confusion about the various CEP versions and just what they are compatible with…
CEP 2 RELEASES
- CEP 1 (v1.69) - compatible with NWN Diamond v1.69
- CEP 2 (v2.4) - compatible with NWN Diamond v1.69
- CEP 2 (v2.60) - compatible with NWN Diamond v1.69
- CEP 2 (v2.65) - compatible with NWN Diamond v1.69
- CEP 2 (v2.66) - compatible with NWN EE v8193.33.
Beginning with CEP 2.66, the CEP is compatible with ALL versions of NWN EE from 8193.14 to 8193.32 AND NWN Diamond v1.69.
NWN EE Builders using game versions prior to 8193.14 should use CEP 2.65 or earlier.
Players need only download the latest version of CEP - v2.66 - which contains ALL previous versions of CEP, including CEP 1.69.
CEP 3 RELEASES
- CEP 3 v3.01 - compatible with NWN EE v8193.33
CEP 3 v3.01 should be backward compatible to NWN EE v8193.14 (when the Premium Module content by Ossian was added).
CEP 3 is a derivative branch of CEP 2 that adds new content to the internal structure of the CEP haks while also renaming/redoing the hak structure. Thus, if you are a player and you download a module that requires CEP 2, CEP 3 will NOT work for you.
Builders are free to use either CEP 2 or CEP 3 as they see fit. However, be aware of the differences between the two projects as far as hak structure goes. Lastly, you will want to be explicit to players downloading your module which version of CEP is required.