Sanctum of the Archmage: Enhanced Edition

Testing for Sanctum of the Archmage: Enhanced Edition is now complete! I still have to update the documentation, and then package and upload the new files to the Neverwinter Vault. That’ll take a few days to a week, depending on my schedule. For more information, see the latest post on my blog here (link is external).

2 Likes

Sanctum of the Archmage: Enhanced Edition is now available on the Saga’s modules page on the Neverwinter Vault! See the comment here for details and what to download. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent news! Downloading as I type this…

Out of curiosity, why are you using an older version of Project Q?

1 Like

Thanks, Grymlorde! I wrote a bit about that in the comments last year while prepping the 4.2 release, starting here:

https://neverwintervault.org/comment/30430#comment-30430

Basically, content additions (mainly to Project Q) since my original hak merge years ago were causing name space collisions between it and the rest of my module content (mainly CEP). Models and textures designed with a given appearance were increasingly breaking over time because Q was adding different resources with the same names. The mods worked as designed with the older Q haks, so packaging those into the downloads was the easiest solution to the problem.

I’d like to fix that and probably will eventually, but it’s been challenging enough to find the time to get the update out and put Sanctum 3 back in development. I didn’t want to delay the releases any further to repeat the hak merge as well, which took me months to do the first time.

I’m a little concerned to hear that some people are saying Sanctum is a “wizard-only mod.” I’d like to emphasize for the record that that is not true. I worked hard to design and playtest the mods to be compatible with all the basic NWN classes, and to include content for them. To take just one example, there are several interactions that only a ranger or druid with animal empathy will ever even see.

Yes, it’s a good choice to play as a wizard. Yes, it is a good choice for spellcasters in general. No, it is not wizard-only!

For those interested, I’ve launched a new, e-commerce enabled site for publishing upcoming books in the Sanctum of the Archmage series.

https://www.andarian.net/publishing/(link is external)

I plan to begin with a re-release of my first novel in a series of novella-length “episodes.”