SetTime Day/Night cycle weird bug

My intention was to have one of the companions in the party to have some kind of vision during a dialog in a weird looking outside area. It’s a prefab called the void:
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/prefab/area/tepers-void-prefab-area
In that vision, to make it clear it was a vision, I thought to advance the time through ga_set_time from night to day, and in the day setting have it be the same as night but with DesaturateColor set to True so that the vision would be in black and white. After lots and lots of testing it still didn’t work. The day and night setting also have a sky box…Thing is, when removing the sky box, setting Natural to Fasle, setting Day/Night Cycle to True, and ignoring Desaturation thing (setting it to false in both night and day) it kind of worked. I noticed that at least something happened, the light grew brighter on the characters faces when changing to day.

What I’m thinking is that this is some kind of bug, that the toolset can’t change Desaturation when changing from night to day.

I could maybe solve this by making a duplicate of the area and have the vision be there, thus breaking the dialog in two parts: vision and non vision. But I don’t want to do that since it feels weird with the pacing and all. If I must, I guess I must…Maybe there are someone out there that has an idea to get around this or has another sollution.

Thanks for your time.

What about adding a powerful light, high enough to avoid overexposure, and switching it on and off when necessary? The white and black part would not be as obvious as with desaturation, but maybe that could do the trick (I didn’t try though, just an idea).

Thanks for the idea, 4760! I actually came up with a much easier way that I found worked quite well, so I think I will stick to that. I did a FadeToBlack and then used a static camera from an angle further away, and then used another color for the text in the dialog. I found that that made it quite obvious that this was the vision. I also typed the name of who was saying what in that dialog, to make it even more clear that someone was watching this from afar and wasn’t part of the conversation. Then when the vision was over I did a FadeToBlack again.

1 Like