Steampunk Gameworld Developement, Realm of Midland

Hello everyone!

So I often post on a few websites including a few facebook groups but as of 2017 i have been in development of a steampunk, Enhanced Edition, gameworld called “The Realm of Midland” (or RoM for short). It will be a roleplay action, dark themed, frontier world.

As of right now this new gameworld already includes new classes, sub races, new custom content assets, roleplaying dialogue elements, and a story line that effects the gameworld based on player choices.

What I will be doing here is sharing what I already have done, and finished, as monthly updates. If you simply can’t wait for an update, I have every bit of information you can find on my website instead:

midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/

Much of the world is greatly inspired by games such as Diablo to Fable to elder scrolls and novels and books of all kinds including fellow D&D campaigns such as the D&D 3.5 Steampunk Wild West Campaign Setting. These are just to name a few as I kind of gone in entirely my own direction but these have greatly been the inspirations behind this development.

To summarize: I currently have a server up and running, but it is in its early beta stages, so it will not be accessed to the public (yet). There will come a time when that happens but for now i will simply be sharing this content over the next month or so.

The current story thus far:

The setting takes place in the following year of 1611 m.y* in the country of Midland, a large continent within Acadias. Midland is a diverse landscape with many races, wild earthen animals and magical alike. All brought to the world by means of magical phenomenons known as the Myst: Large, sometimes dangerous, anomalies that dot the regions of Midland.

Description of Midland geography is best said as a lush vibrant all segregated by vast mountains. In between are often small feudal like societies that is often divided and irrigated for farming very similar to landscapes like an English, french, or medieval German countryside. In between these are large vast forests where often many wild life exist.

The era itself It is a progressive time similar to that of a European renaissance age. an age of exploration of innovation in industrial technology, education, health and military prowess. Castle’s often mark the spots of border’s and territories, while armies are used as deterrents against would-be invasions and upholding peace.

The plot so far:

The plot will take place in the Southern portion of Midland in the country of Meles (Pronounced: Muh~Lees) where the player will get to decide there race, back story, and a starting location. Each starting location will be based on a difficulty setting and a light story line before they decide where they want to go.

The primary goal of Midland is the exploration of the world and the discovery of its past. as Meles in particular holds many secrets in which the player will find on there journeys. In short it is an adventuring world, with classical dungeon’s and dangerous factions to fight… or even join. The idea is to want to shape and create your character around an established game world that moves ever forward.

Primary goals for the gameworld (IE my checklist)

Create an immersive rpg style gameworld with the following systems

[Done] NPC Reputation system

[Done] Socketed system

[Done] Revamped Core AI

[] Revamped Summons system

[Done] Random Loot Generator

[] Pre-Built Player Housing

[] Vuldricks Vampire System

[Done] Player Consequence & Action/ Bounty Hunter System

[] Player Banditry System (Become a bandit!)

[Done] Portal or teleport waypoint system (similar to diablo waypoint style)

[Done] In-Game Guilds and Factions

Here are a few things that are already currently in game! There is going to be loads of custom content assets for the game, each imperative to the world as i develop it

New Cannons specific to medieval European warfare

New creatures such as automated “steam powered” automobiles

Posters by Fable

Steam Trains

Content inspired by the Baroque architecture style of Europe (this being the lamps, and the garden itself, the structural buildings are by Zwerkules)

Authentic Printing Presses

Theres so much more to come and will be sharing so keep an eye out when it does!

I got around to a large update on the server today, and now completed a big chunk of stuff even including a surprise update.

Remember if you want to see all my updates and content and don’t want to wait for updates, just go to my webpage here: midland-steampunk.forumotion.com/

First off i had abit of change of plans for the overall idea of the world itself, and worked on development of a new group: The Motanni. This group will be the druids and an indigenous group of people that are known to exist as travelers of the woods. These people are spiritually connected to the land, much like feys and elves and are keenly aware of what occurs around them in nature.

The village of Dahoga will be the main village containing several important npc’s, homes for players, and a means to join them.

I am also currently working on additional class system for the game!

These are currently working quite well and are even catered from its d20 modern origins to work with the vanilla classes. By far my favourite class is the Gunslinger with his ability to wield double pistols. The challenge here was figuring out how to still wield all the bioware content and still maintain the d20 animations that were crucial to the gunslinger and classes.

Each class is designed as a rp element but also cater towards allowing player’s to interact within the gameworld in different ways. A philosopher for example is a well literate individual who can produce scrolls than say a wizard or sorcerer can and so on. Some of these classes are more “down to earth” in that they don’t have many fantastical abilities but do make up for this in other ways. (more on that to come later!)

Lastly for today i will present something that I’ve already shared on here but just in case no one has seen it before…

Telegrams play an important role in Midland society. These will also be used by players to communicate with each other, but i havent quiet decided in what ways these will reflect around them.

and Trains!
What steampunk world would there be without trains? boring, thats what! This one is based on early inventions of the mid 18th century earth counterparts, the monorail on the other hand… I purely made that one up but it looks great! :slight_smile:

Progress is coming along very well, and quickly! I’d expect to finish sometime either this year or following the new year shortly there after.

For now enjoy the new content update and expect to hear back from me soon!

I have to say the Terria Tileset translates quite well for western themed projects. This is an early w.i.p of a future expansion, but I was so satisfied with the results, i just had to share it.

just remember if you want to know more about the project or don’t want to wait on project updates just go to my website: Midland-Steampunk Website

The mesas turned out really well and i still have alot more to go in touching it up, like id like to recede the fog back abit, add more flora and some cacti to finish off the aesthetics. If anyone is ever on the fence with this tileset perhaps this can persuade or change anyone’s mind.

Amazing Work Here - Keep it UP!

Thanks! i do alot of work on the project and im not at all going to ask for handouts either but if anyone wants to contribute to my project they are always welcome to. You can reach out to me via on the vault pm’s or through my email @Kb33chler@gmail.com or reach out to me via my website.

In the meantime expect more feature updates of the world as it comes closer to its release day :slight_smile: