I imported a camel from Project Q. But somehow the animation is broken.
This effect shows up in 1.69 and EE.
I think that I miss something by importing the model, but I don’t get what. I include a small demo module where the effect is reproduced.
What’s going wrong?
Camel.zip (207.1 KB)
The camel uses the animations from h_ba which is a base game file, so it should work. It is not overriden by anything in the hak.
Right! h_ba comes with XP2.
But obviously, it doesn’t work as expected (see demo module).
I noted, that h_ba is compiled. My camel is not, it’s an ascii model. Could that be the reason?
I changed the row in appearance.2da with a row I found in CEP. There are differences but I don’t know, which parameter causes the animation not to work.
Maybe someone else sees the significant difference, see attachment:
app.zip (579 Bytes)
My guess would be modeltype:
S (Simple) VS FW (Full with Wings)
XP3 horses which also use h_ba as animations supermodel have their modeltype set to F (the Wing part not being relevant) while most non-mount animals use S.
You can take a look here for some further info.
Thanks for pointing this out (I was just too tired yesterday to have a look for myself, sorry.)
I changed the MODELTYPE from S to F, and now the camel walks, even with the old 2da entry.
Learned what. Thanks.