So, for almost a year a continuation and successor for CEP has been in development, well in all reality I started on this back in November 2020, but then for many months the project was kind of abandoned, I saved my files though and resumed work on it around 2 months ago.
I have something that could be released bringing both new and incredible content from various authors on the vault, somethings that I have made myself and not published, and other.
I will go through a list of some of the things that have been changed, when I am back home since I am writing this post from work!
- 2da merges
- New content
- Fixed models best to my ability (E.G DH: Ringwraiths)
- Tileset roofs, optional hak like weapons reforged
- Fancy mapped weapons reforged, shields
And plenty of other things.
What the current iteration of a CEP 3 (or 2.66) does not have however:
- New scripts
The thoughts and philosophies have been weighing a lot on me the past few months, I wanted to try to continue what TAD was doing but, lets be real here there are not many people in the community with the incredible amount of talent he has, for a lot of these things, so we will just have to make do and still release a product that can be used by a lot of people.
The CEP Project has and will always be a controversial thing, because there is no doubt that some of the contents of CEP has some things that are not very good, could be incredibly bad looking models, or other.
There will always be resistance, but if it is well received for “most” parts, then I think it should be continued, and I think it should be continued with people voicing stuff like concerns, additions.
Currently we cannot remove content from CEP, I will explain below why.
- The CEP successor (2.66 or 3.0?) should be fully compatible with 2.65, nothing should break, nothing should change other than fixes and many new incredible additions.
- WIth permission of Author(s) adding new content, this can also be discussed in the community what should we have, and what should we not have.
- Not compatible for 1.69. My reason for this is kind of simple, 1.69 is old, some people who might still play 1.69 will definitely not like this, but you do not create software specifically to be optimized for e.g: Windows 7, MacOS High Sierra (old systems) It is indeed possible to add seperate haks for this, but the work is too much to bother.
- No plans to add a new optional hak that adds placeables nor an .erf for it.
- Fancy maps is something I’ve wanted to integrate, this is sort of limited, but the OG TAD reforges, Pstemarie’s shields, some armors i’ve added myself, helmets, shield(s), and Longswords.
Let the discussions begin, tell me what you think, tell me if it’s a bad idea and why, anything would help a lot.
Permission were given by the various authors, which contents were used.