The Headhunter Thread

Because the models were ripped from 3rd-party games/sources? But so have others here on the Vault that are praised for their quality and usefulness (Witcher, KotOR, NWN2 etc.). Hm.

I didnt realize Cervantes also removed his stuff. :frowning_face:

Anyway, thanks for the replies!

Yes, he did, but that was years ago. His most recent release is actually version 2 of the one that was removed, so don’t panic! Dafena’s packs came much, MUCH later, though I do believe they were released quite a while ago.

Dafena’s work is stellar, and I’m sorry it was removed. I’m pretty sure it was a decision based on worries over some of the material coming from very new games, such as Baldur’s Gate III and the newest Divinity game. I think the worry was that by hosting the stuff, the Vault could be considered culpable or whatnot. It was not, to my knowledge, anything to do with the models, their requirements, or anything like that. They work great!
I hope Dafena makes a return.

2 Likes

According to Dafena, the moderation from the page decided the content was breaking the guidelines, being rips from BGIII and Divinity. They deleted the BG3 stuff, and as everything else Dafena had uploaded until then were rips, Dafena decided to take them out too.

Before taking it all down Dafena uploaded not only a fix for the new lighting but a new pack with lots of fixes, most of the heads having been redone, plts too and textures improved. They even made use of the LOD system, with lower quality stuff included to keep fps decent.

The issue with the numbering was a thing of the past once the new compiler was released, but back then in 2019 it was still broken and no one had any way of changing the numbers without compiling the high poly models again.

So, I don’t think it was removed vindictively, nor do I believe there was any problem with the quality of the stuff itself. It was, frankly, gorgeous.

Cheers,

JFK

1 Like

Thanks a lot for sharing some light on this, JFK! I can understand the decision from both perspectives, and I’m glad to hear there seems to be no bad blood behind it all. Still a shame though, those were some of the best heads I found.

I tried to contact dafena through steam to ask for permission to use and upload his head pack,but instead of answering he just cancelled the comentar y section of his stuff…

I think I’ll keep that that headpack as an accesory dl for the moment.

1 Like

As mentioned in another thread, the site guideline on this is clear:

Great, thanks

I was looking for TheBarbarian’s NWN heads in order to link someone to them, but I can’t seem to find them on NW Vault anymore, only on the Steam Workshop (though not uploaded by the creator). Google still finds the Vault page, but if I click on the link it’s “404 Page Not Found”. Anyone know what’s up with that? Did TheBarbarian quit the NWN community and remove their stuff?

While @TheBarbarian still has an account here, they removed all of their stuff just before New Year’s eve. If you look here, you can see when it happened. They gave no reason why and attempts to contact them failed/have been ignored. The only stuff of theirs on here that wasn’t deleted are their contributions to the CCC. This broke this site’s rules as there may be other’s work that was broken by this. FWIW, doing so also removed karma points from everybody who had commented on @TheBarbarian’s project pages.

TR

Thanks for the update, TR! That’s a real bummer. :frowning:

(It says I’m not authorized to access the page you linked to, but I understand it just tells you the date anyway and no reason, right?)

Here is the first page of that-

Points	Datesort ascending	Reason	Status	Actions
-10	Fri, 2022-12-30 18:04	Content was deleted.	Approved	view edit
-1	Fri, 2022-12-30 18:04	Comment was deleted on content.	Approved	view edit
-10	Fri, 2022-12-30 18:03	Content was deleted.	Approved	view edit
-10	Fri, 2022-12-30 18:03	Content was deleted.	Approved	view edit

FWIW try this link and if successful click on track (if it’s there for you). I believe the approved bit in the above was purely automated and not by a person.

TR

Here are all their CCC contributions that still exist (from the catalogue) -

2019 February Mirror Mirror TheBarbarian Cat Statues, Black, Mirrored Pair
2017 April Why So Serious? TheBarbarian Chickenmounts (creature models)
2017 March Blast from the Past TheBarbarian Circlets and Masks (VFX models) - (Jan./Feb. 2011 - Head Decorations)
2017 March Blast from the Past TheBarbarian Corinthian Helmets (VFX models) - (Jan./Feb. 2011 - Head Decorations)
2018 January Cultism is In! TheBarbarian Cult Head Covers (helmet models)
2015 September Filth TheBarbarian Dragon-sized Kitten’s Poo (placeable)
2016 December Far Realms and Beyond TheBarbarian Eyes with Rocks (placeable models)
2014 February Gothic TheBarbarian Frilly Victorian Dress (robe/armor parts)
2018 May Machines TheBarbarian Giant Hamster Wheel (placeable model)
2017 October Gnome Stuff TheBarbarian Gnome Head (head models)
2022 June Celebrate 20 TheBarbarian Gnomish Whelk (Creatures)
2022 June Celebrate 20 TheBarbarian Gnomish Whelk (Placeables)
2017 March Blast from the Past TheBarbarian Half-Dragon Heads (head models) - (May 2013 - Dragon Stuff)
2017 March Blast from the Past TheBarbarian Helmet Items (helmet models) - (Jan./Feb. 2011 - Head Decorations)
2015 July Holdable Objects TheBarbarian Humorous Protest Signs (item models)
2017 February Serpent Kingdoms TheBarbarian Innsmouth Head (head model)
2022 June Celebrate 20 TheBarbarian Invisible Walkable Tile (Placeable)
2018 July Murderously Cute TheBarbarian My Little Pony Mounts (creature models)
2017 September Noble Cause TheBarbarian Noble Dresses (robe models)
2019 February Mirror Mirror TheBarbarian Ornate Mirror, Dragon
2019 February Mirror Mirror TheBarbarian Ornate Mirror, Round
2019 February Mirror Mirror TheBarbarian Ornate Mirror, Tall
2017 August The Bureaucracy Strikes Back TheBarbarian Oversized Office Objects (placeable models)
2017 March Blast from the Past TheBarbarian Pirate Hats and Bandanas (VFX models) - (Sep. 2010 – Pirates)
2017 February Serpent Kingdoms TheBarbarian Snake Statues (placeable models)
2021 October Lost Lands, Lost Cities, and Hidden Valleys TheBarbarian Stargate (VFX)
2017 March Blast from the Past TheBarbarian Viking Helmets (VFX models) - (Jan./Feb. 2011 - Head Decorations)
2018 August Things That Should Not Be TheBarbarian Zombie Fingers (placeable models)
2017 May Underdark Societies Stuff TheBarbarian Deep Gnome Heads (head models)
2017 May Underdark Societies Stuff TheBarbarian Drow Ceremonial Robes (robe models)
2017 July All Things Aerial TheBarbarian Feathered Wings (wing models)

TR

That link worked, thanks. Track only seems to show their contributions to me though, not what was deleted. But I see that there’s nothing left under Projects …

EDIT: Oh, ok, I see what you meant now.

I hope nothing bad happened to them. :frowning:

1 Like

That link is very useful actually, Tarot, thank-you, as the View option for each project removed, has the reference ID # required to pull the data from the backups. :+1:

2 Likes