THE CHAOTIC TEST PERIOD
Another test run for the “CHAOTIC/EVIL” aligned party is currently underway, and so far has highlighted a couple of minor issues that have now been addressed, as well as a number of cosmetic issues that all help smooth the experience for the player. This latest v1.78E has been released slightly earlier than expected, because I wanted to have the new file distribution structure in place, moving forward. Bottom line: The “OTHER” folder no longer contains the LB Althea UI folder, which now comes with the CAMPAIGN folder download instead, for ease. (See next.)
NEW LB Althea UI Distribution
This latest update comes with a slight change to the way the files are distributed: The “LB Althea” UI folder now comes packaged alongside the CAMPAIGN and TLK folders, as it may also be subject to the odd update, which means having the latest version available at the same time as any campaign update makes download and applying it much simpler. (i.e. You would not have to download the massive OTHER folder again, where it was once distributed from, if you already have the hak, movie and music files.) To help the player recognise when either the TLK or UI folders require updating, the latest v1.78E now informs the player the need for the update (that they will have downloaded with the campaign folder anyway now), when they load the module. If the TLK requires updating, the message comes in the CHAT window (which this latest TLK update could be ignored, I suppose, if not using the new Darkfire spell), while if the LB Althea UI folder requires updating, the player has a pop up GUI that warns them of an essential update requirement, before exiting the game to allow them to do so.
DARK FIRE SPELL
As a bonus, the latest version also comes with the 3rd level cleric spell, Darkfire. It’s just been implemented, but should work fine, but anyone who does use it, please let me know if there are any problems.
RELEASE v1.78E (19 OCTOBER 2022)
NB: From v1.78E, the “LB Althea” UI folder is now distributed alongside the CAMPAIGN and TLK folders for ease of update, as this small folder can undergo the occassional update too. An in-game warning is now also given if either the TLK or UI folders have been updated in some way and need replacing with those from the latest distributed CAMPAIGN folder download file.
- Removed “EX COMP” showing on NPCs even before joining party. (Cosmetic.)
- Made controlled PC remain facing front on a transition. (Cosmetic.)
- Ensured encounter “GROUP” is unique for journal updates. (Logic.)
- Removed some TRAP debug code. (Cosmetic.)
- Added Darkfire as a 3rd level cleric spell. (Addition.) (Requires latest TLK folder.)
- Fixed Sewer Crystals description update if book read. (Cosmetic.)
- Added Custom UI install check to warn if files not installed correctly. (Addition.)
- Corrected XP award when sacrificing Life Essences at altars. (Balancing.)
- Corrected EXAMINE henchman hint to say use Main PC for character sheet. (Cosmetic.)
- Ensured “Goggles of Revealing” already identified on find. (Balancing.)
- Removed a potential speed movement exploit. (Balancing.)
The CHAOTIC/EVIL party testing continues, and any further updates required will be released in v1.79E. In the meantime, if you are aware of any issues that you would like addressing, then please let me know.