For those interested, v1.25E (4th Edition) is now available … Editions 3 and 4 address some rare issues (see below), but are made immediately available to keep fully up to date.
The TLK is now included with the campaign folder download, as it is only likely needed for an update when something in the campaign folder changes anyway. (NB: I will inform you if and when the TLK is updated. Nevertheless, the CAMPAIGN folder will always contain the latest TLK file.)
The latest TLK update was included with v1.24E
My wife is playing through yet again!
Let me know if there are any other needs.
THE COMPLETE LIST OF FIXES (ENHANCED VERSION)
THE FINAL!: The v1.25E should be the final upload!
OBSERVATIONS: (AVAILABLE IN NEXT VERSION WHEN AVAILABLE OR UPON REQUEST):-
VERSION 1.25E UPDATES (STATUS: IMPORTANT)
VERSION 1.25E (4TH EDITION) (09 MAY 2020) ALSO INCLUDES:
- SPEECH TRIGGERS: Made more reliable and retro-added terminator check. (#)
- INTEGRITY: Made integrity check more user friendly if encountered.
- ENCOUNTERS: Lowered difficulty further for EASY setting.
(#) If a speech fails, this now ensures it can fire again. In saved games where they have already failed, the PC will stop swapping to another PC.
VERSION 1.25E (3RD EDITION) (07 MAY 2020) ALSO INCLUDES:
- SEBASTION: Just removed slowed penalty for Sebastion when leaving Demon’s Bowl.
VERSION 1.25E (2ND EDITION) (06 MAY 2020) ALSO INCLUDES:
- MODULE DOOR: Fixed bugbear tower door to keep closed, else bad transition. (MODULE) (a)
- ENCUMBERED ICON: Reinstates the icon after a rebirth if encumbered.
(a) Workaround: Just make sure the door is closed before using. (Starts a conversation.)
VERSION 1.25E (1ST EDITION) (05 MAY 2020) ALSO INCLUDES:
- GRIST LOGICAL FLOW: Fixes possibility of side quest logical flow not giving sewer key. (b)
(b) If you fail to speak with Grist after finding the sewer book, the quest will fail to give a key when you find Jed. This potential logical flow issue has been fixed in v1.25E.
WORKAROUND (PRIOR v1.25E): Make sure you speak with Grist after acquiring the sewer book.
Version 1.24E UPDATES (STATUS: PENDING) (02 MAY 2020):
- PERFORMANCE: Removed some un-required heartbeat scripts.
- INTEGRITY: Added some checks to help maintain file integrity. (Some cheats broke module.) (*)
- ANIMAL COMPANIONS: Added ability to switch between companion types and rename them. (#)
(*) See warning below about not using cheats with this module. The walk-through will also be updated with the warning and additional guidance for those players who find the module too challenging.
(#) Requires new TLK that comes inside the latest CAMPAIGN/PATCH download folder.
Version 1.23E UPDATES (STATUS: IMPORTANT) (28 APRIL 2020):
- NAME MEMORY LEAK: Fixes risk of memory leak for some NPC names.
- SPEECH LIGHTS: Fixes speech lights not always completing.
- PICK LOCK GUI: Fixes DC to be in a better target range for PC level.
- JOURNAL ENTRY: Added some extra journal info after some player feedback.
- SWAP PC: Fixed a minor stutter when switching PCs while moving.
VERSION 1.22E (5TH EDITION) (25 APRIL 2020) ALSO INCLUDES:
- GRENADES: Fixes damage for grenade-like objects. (E.g. Alchemy Fire.)
- POLYMORPH FIX: Stops polymorphed creatures staying standing on death. (E.g. Sewer Chieftain.)
VERSION 1.22E (4TH EDITION) (24 APRIL 2020) ALSO INCLUDES:
- SEWER ACCESS: Fixes Grist stopping access even after permit shown. (*)
- JOURNAL NOTE: Now opens journal at note tab if a note update.
(*) If you have this bug, just speak with Grist again and the door will no longer be “blocked”.
VERSION 1.22E (2ND/3RD EDITION) (23 APRIL 2020) ALSO INCLUDES:
- DEBUG REMOVED: Just removed some debug feedback I missed.
VERSION 1.22E (STATUS: RECOMMENDED) (21 APRIL 2020):
- HP BAR: Minor alterations. (Main PC now reported and party members green bars.)
- MONSTER DROPS: Constructs and outsiders will now potentially drop essences/parts.
- PARTY FEATS: Party feat checks now coded more efficiently.
- LIGHT SENSITIVE/BLIND ICON: Added effect icon for PCs suffering from this.
- ITEM MANAGEMENT: Stopped repeat journal updates when transferring items in party.
- COSMETICS: Including date feedback & other SP/MP feedback considerations.
- AUTO EXAMINE: Module examinable placeable objects altered for ease of play.
- SPELL EXAMINE: Fixes examine info on spells memorized/learned from start.
VERSION 1.21E (4TH EDITION) (9 APRIL 2020) ALSO INCLUDES:
- CHAT IMAGE: Realigns creature image when in some quick chat conversations.
- TEXT COLOUR: Changes merchant name text to slate blue for reading in conv. window.
- COOP START: Prevent accidental server starting when playing coop.
- GAME DIFFICULTY: Some Game Options Fixes. (Requires new TLK uploaded today.)
- PERFORMANCE: Some performance improvements. (Related to sounds.)
VERSION 1.21E (3RD EDITION) (23 March 2020) ALSO INCLUDES:
- SPELL EXAMINE: Added examine GUI feedback when examining quick cast spells.
VERSION 1.21E (2ND EDITION) (20 March 2020) ALSO INCLUDES:
- STATUS EFFECTS: Creature status effect report on examined creatures.
VERSION 1.21E (1ST EDITION)(STATUS: IMPORTANT) (19 MARCH 2020):
- FINAL COSMETICS & CLARIFICATIONS! E.g. Item descriptions. Craft names.
- LEVEL ITEMS: Now work dynamically from companions too on required level change.
- AUTO-PAUSE: Stopped auto-pause check on a PC respawn if not set.
- FACTION DEBUG: Remove turn faction debug.
- MODULE CHANGES: Lower goblin tower and upper goblin halls easier to enter with larger area.
VERSION 1.20E UPDATES (STATUS: IMPORTANT) (14 MARCH 2020):
- SCAR DEATH: Prevent Quest Complete if quest not started on Scar death. (Cosmetic.)
- COMPANION COMMENTS: Fixed/improved firing of companion comments if far away.
- SHOP MAP: Made map useable by all. (Cosmetic.)
- SCALING: Creature model scaling reduced slightly. (Cosmetic.)
**VERSION 1.19E UPDATES (STATUS: IMPORTANT) (14 MARCH 2020): **
- INCENSE OF AWARENESS: Fixed description to read -10 instead of + 10.
- JOURNAL ENTRY: Fixed “A Demon In The Dark” journal entry. (Minor logic/cosmetic.)
- MONSTER SPAWN: Reduced/removed a possibility of a dual spawn.
- NEW MINI-MAP GUI: Upgraded quality of mini-map. (See screenshot in post below.)
- VOL CONVERSATION: Clarified the Vol conversation logic at the start of option 2 background game.
- PARTY BAR SIZE: Increased the default party bar sizes to allow greater visibility if party large.
- PARTY SUMMONED: Improved presentation of name in party bar. (Summoner only.)
- STAIN ESSENCES: Made it so the Life Essence reward stack as normal. (Cosmetic.)
- TORMENTOR KILLS: Fixed requirement to kill all Tormentors of Astend. (Balance.) (*)
- CARAVAN CONV: Improved some camera angles for the caravan conversation. (Cosmetic.)
- SEBASTION CONV: Improved likelihood of Sebastion (Empire Guardian) having end conversation.
- GAME DIFFICULTY: Now affects creature levels for extra ease of play on lower settings.
- OOZE OIL: Fixed Ooze Oil to work as expected.
(*) This only manifests if a player reloads between spawning. (NWN2 bug.) Fixed in v1.19E.
VERSION 1.18E UPDATES (STATUS: ESSENTIAL (MP) IMPORTANT (SP)) 03 MARCH 2020
- BESTIARY ENTRIES: Altered some trigger events to allow/disallow certain creatures. (*)
- JAGGED TOOTH: Spell description correct in next tlk release. (Probably next module release.) (**)
- SCALING: Added game setting scaling fix to spells that required it. (For players who like it easy.) (***)
- FONT SIZE: Increased size of some fonts in game. E.g. Chat window and Party Craft Tab.
- BEHAVIOUR BUTTONS: Fixed buttons to show +/- subject to collapsed.
- VENDORS MISSING: Fixed vendors not appearing. WORKAROUND: Enter and leave tavern. (****)
- TRIBESMAN CONV: Made response clearer that the PC MUST have Homa blessing on them. (*****)
- COOP FIX: Stop players auto following last player entered. (BUG introduced in v1.11E 01/02/20)
- WALKTHROUGH: The Information download now contains: THE WALKTHROUGH!
Included in later second v1.18E upload:-
- AUTO SAVE: Removed auto saving after being awarded a certificate. (In v1.18E second upload.) (#)
- JAGGED TOOTH SCROLL: Scroll description corrected. (Spell description was already fixed.)
- Removed false AUTO-LEVEL info when importing PCs. (For later modules.)
(* ) Preventing yuan-ti “pureblood” trigger (in case player plays a yuan-ti). Allowing triggers to update within conversations (dryad) and certain non-hostiles (Empire Guardians).
(** ) Scrolls will be correct in campaign release, but not actual spell description until next tlk. Spell fixed.
(*** ) Based upon NWN2 fixes. (Included in next campaign folder. No override required.)
(**** ) Also fixes sleep animation showing on NPCs at odd times.
(***** ) Also added a note to the journal if the player attempts the conversation without it.
(#) If you have already started, then the auto-save issue still occurs at least once after a certificate award, but not on certificates awards thereafter.
VERSION 1.17E UPDATES (STATUS: ESSENTIAL)
- HARDNESS: Fix damage done.
- SKILL CHECK: Feedback for party skill checks. (Cosmetic.)
- INFINITE OOZE OIL: Removed possibility of infinite ooze oil protection.
- FINAL COMBAT: Fixed combat difficulty due to faction change error. (IMPORTANT BALANCING.) (*)
- HERODIAS CONVERSATION: Should fix any strange camera angles encountered.
- LIFE ESSENCE DROPS: Fixed Life Essences not dropping! ESSENTIAL FIX!
- FINAL CUTSCENE: Fixed possibility of players missing last cutscene due to test variable in place.
(*) This combat does not start at the difficulty intended unless using v1.17E. (Too easy without.)
VERSION 1.16E UPDATES (STATUS: COSMETICS MOSTLY)
- EXAMINE (1): Disabled toggle HOSTILE button on non-creature objects. (Cosmetic.)
- EXAMINE (2): Improved right-click examine when going between objects. (Cosmetic.)
- SNORE SOUND: Removed snore sound in some situations. (Cosmetic.)
- CAST ON SLEEPERS: Now awake and attack. (Should “coup-de-grace” sleeping hostile anyway.)
- DOOR PUZZLES: Reduced likelihood of puzzle clash in SOUL tower on doors close together.
- DEBUG REMOVED: Removed 2 x debug feedback. (Cosmetic.)
- TOWER LIGHTING:Fixed lighting in bugbear tower switching on and off at angles. (Mod only.)
- FADE FROM BLACK: Fixed fade from black on Map Pin Update usage.
- GHOST ENCOUNTER: Fixed ghosts being too easy and not disappearing.
- MAUSOLEUM SKULL: Fixed acquiring skull from ransacked mausoleum. Essential fix! (*)
(*) If you have searched the ransacked mausoleum, search it again to acquire the skull.
VERSION 1.15E UPDATES (STATUS: IMPORTANT/ESSENTIAL)
- EXPORT MAIN PC: Fixed ability to export Main PC for future modules.
- GARIUS MENDOLIN: Made it so his coffin cannot be bashed. (Mod update only.)
- TB PAUSE (1): Fixed pause after a conversation when using TB Combat. (Not LOS.)
- TB PAUSE (2): TB Combat GUI now auto-starts on EXAMINED turned hostile if being used.
- CAVERN EXIT: Now allows player to exit cavern if Kasandra not in party. (*)
- SLEEPING JAILED: Cannot wake person in cell in caves. (Monty side-quest.) (**)
(*) If playing a good aligned party, this bug may not manifest for you. Evil aligned party of more than 5 members will encounter it without this fix.
(**) You may need to close and open the cell door again to trigger conversation.
VERSION 1.14E UPDATES (STATUS: ESSENTIAL)
- BOOK TYPO: Fixed a typo on the cursed tome. Destory > Destroy. (Cosmetic.)
- CHAOS VORTEX: Stopped duplication of magic casting message. (Cosmetic.)
- PC NAMES: Added additional check to prevent duplicated PC names that could confuse.
- TREE ATTACKS: Stopped tree Hope Rekindled from attacking when it should not.
VERSION 1.13E UPDATES (STATUS: IMPORTANT)
- COMPANION PROTECTOR: Typo “as any other PC” and not “as the Main PC” . (Cosmetic.)
- JOURNAL NOTE COLOUR: Changed from Dark Blue to Light Slate Blue. (Cosmetic.)
- AUTO COMBAT PAUSING: Removed duplicated sound play that could interfere with auto-pause.
- SOUND TRIGGER: Moved a sound trigger to be more reliable. (Cosmetic.)
- DUPLICATED PUZZLE: Removed a duplicated Ripped Scroll (Rogue Stone) puzzle. (Cosmetic.)
- LIFE ESSENCES: Rebalanced and reworded Life Essence collectability. (Cosmetic.)
- PC IMPORT: Fixed option to allow a player to import a previously exported created PC.
- HAG EYE NO DROP: Fixed an issue with the Hag’s Eye not dropping.
VERSION 1.12E UPDATES (STATUS: IMPORTANT)
- POOR COMMUNICATION: Fixed ritual bowls and dialogue with Melicamp side-quest.
VERSION 1.11E UPDATES (STATUS: ESSENTIAL)
- PARTY GENERATION: Stop player trying to add companions already within the world.
- AERIOL PARTY SIZE: Stops Aeriol misreporting party size too big when not.
- MAIN PC HUNGER: Fixes hunger state of Main PC when respawned.
- CREATED REMOVED: Removes abandoned created PCs from world on area exit now.
- LIFE ESSENCE ACQUIRE: Rebalanced quantity that can be held & updated feedback in stats.
- MISSING MODELS: Replaced missing doors models inside Campaign folder.
VERSION 1.10E UPDATES (STATUS: WITHDRAWN)
VERSION 1.09E UPDATES (STATUS: IMPORTANT)
- SPEECH: Stop brief spotlights on empty speech. (Cosmetic.)
- COMBAT: Removed clear action command at combat start if not auto-pausing.
- COMBAT: Cleared end of combat “enemy seek” if all party dead. (Monsters do not run away.)
- COMBAT: Ensured Round Counter reset and restarts if respawn after a party wipeout.
- EXAMINE: Fixed examine creature to work first time on right-click - and not to have to do so twice.
- FOLLOW: Added Main PC to auto-follow if controlling another PC in AI off mode (and switch area).
VERSION 1.08E UPDATES (STATUS: IMPORTANT)
- SCRIPTS: Moved all scripts to root directory and recompiled. (Invisibility spells recompiled.)
- IMMUNITY: Some spell immunity fixes added.
- ORE CRATE: Fix ore in Todd’s crate. (Normally not accessible anyway, so purely academic.)
- GUARD RESPONSE: Prevent instant turn back and multiple influence loss.
- COMPANION RESPONSE: Fixed logic of companion responding instead of Main PC in examine.
VERSION 1.07E UPDATES (STATUS: WITHDRAWN)
VERSION 1.06E UPDATES (STATUS: NEW HAK)
- REBIRTH ANIMATION: Stopped PC falling down again after rebirth. (Animation fix.)
- REBIRTH SOUND: Removed bad sound files to allow sound to play correctly.
VERSION 1.05E UPDATES (STATUS: WITHDRAWN)
VERSION 1.04E UPDATES (STATUS: UP TO YOU)
- AUTOMATONS: Fixed timing of any potential spell casting to ensure it fired more consistently.
- SUMMONED: Made it so summoned creatures would attack more readily.
VERSION 1.03E UPDATES (STATUS: MOSTLY COSMETIC)
- AREA REBAKE: Moved some objects in one area and rebaked for ease of movement.
- OLD CODE: Removed some old respawn code that used variables used elsewhere.
VERSION 1.02E UPDATES (STATUS: MOSTLY COSMETIC)
- NANCY BODY: Nancy’s body is sometimes missing in house. (Fixed.)
- TB ROUNDS SYNCH: Round feedback now stays in synch if player escapes during TB Combat.
- LIGHTING: Changed timing of light initialisation to prevent player noticing any changes.
- TB PAUSE CHECK: Prevent hidden or different area creatures checking pause (once started).
- ANY PC UNLOCK: Updated a door that was missing the any PC member can unlock with key.
- TREASURE HAUL: Fixed a broken treasure haul script.
- QUEST INFO: This also fixes a journal entry logical flow. (Does NOT break quest though.)
- SLEEP ZZZ’S: Added extra code to ensure sleep zzz’s would terminate on waking.
- NECKLACE PLOT: Made a sub-quest necklace “plot” so item would auto-allocate if “missed”.
VERSION 1.01E ADDITIONAL FIXES (STATUS: IMPORTANT)
- INTRUDER STATUS :Fixed Empire Guardian reaction for intruders. (Tear of the Dragon Side Quest.)
- KERRES HOSTILE: Fixed Kerres turning hostile on subsequent visits to the Guildhall.
- COMBAT ALERT: Stopped a miss-timed combat alert when entering areas.
- START INVENTORY: Stopped auto-follow on startup that upset initial inventory control.
- MODULE UPDATED: Removed a creature from where it should not have been. (MOD v1.01)
VERSION 1.00E INFORMATION (2nd Release) (STATUS: ESSENTIAL) 12 NOVEMBER 2019
- Corrected “last page” to prevent an arrow leading to nowhere on Greater Crafting book.
- Unlocked BENCH auto-examine feedback on first usage. (Had been locked during testing.)