Another great session, with some completed quests. There were a few issues I needed to deal with after the session, but nothing that affected play: One issue simply involved removing some debug text, but a few other issues were more important, which I detail below. Also, I have tweaked the ranges.2da , which means players will need to download and update the " Others.7z " file, which contains the hak folder, which in turn holds the althea_campaign.hak , which contains the altered 2da file. NB: For ease, a player need only replace the single hak file from the download to gain the benefits. Furthermore, this alteration mainly affects gameplay from module 2 onwards.
For those that want just the hak, I leave a link to it for a short while here:- https://www.dropbox.com/s/3to9uij6i12bwvv/althea_campaign.hak?dl=0 (I will consider removing this link in the future so it does not conflict with later releases. However, this is the v2.47 version of the hak update.) NB: It can take a few seconds to acknowledge a download request from Dropbox, so please be patient after clicking for it to respond.
I have also updated an encounter within the module , which means a newer version of the module is also available. Note: I have started to align version numbers with the latest campaign version number. So while some file releases are fewer and in between the regular campaign releases (like modules and others), they will now reflect the version that the campaign was on at time of their version release.
The List of Fixes
1) RUNE LOCKS: There were two issues with these: (a) I had left some debug lines in place after the last fix, which needed removing. (b) The ability to interact with a Rune Lock was disabled after resolving the puzzle, which should NOT be the case, as some of the locks can be used again. Both of these problems are now fixed.
2) FAST TRAVEL PILLARS: Some of the fast travel destinations were not being presented due to them NOT being limited to the current area. This meant some of the valid ones had run our of space to be displayed. This has now been fixed.
3) RELOAD (DEAD HENCHMEN): If a game was saved with a dead henchman (which it should not be really), then it caused problems with the henchman not reviving on a reload. This has now been fixed so that they do recover if that is done by mistake.
4) RELOAD (VARIABLE BAG): On a rare occasion a “variable bag” (“VAR BAG”) could be found on a game reload. This is only likely to be the case if the game did not save correctly or the player was doing something during a save. A check has now been added to help remove/fix any instances of that occurring.
5) ENCOUNTER (MODULE UPDATE): There was an encounter that needed altering to prevent it firing too soon. While not a critical fix, it makes the game flow better.
Catch up with the heroes in our session here (also with screen shots at the bottom of the blog): https://worldofalthea.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-adventure-continues-24-escaping.html
Download campaign v2.47 here (module v2.47): https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/module/scroll