The latest version of the campaign available is now v2.65, but is currently still NOT available for download as I am still in the process of testing it. There have been some significant changes since v2.63, which was the last version available to support the previous module build. Since then, both the module and the campaign files have undergone some significant changes that would require a player to start afresh if they decided to download this latest version.
The critical changes include the following:-
1) MODULE UPDATE: The module was updated to correct a trigger variable that allows transfer to the next module (when available). Without this updated module version, transfer to the next module is broken and would require a minor fix (that I could supply upon request), before the game loads the second module correctly. Games played (and saved) from this module onwards should have the correct variable available in their saved game to move to the next module OK.
2) GAME TIMER UPDATE: There were changes to the way the game timer keeps track of time and also a fix applied, which means games prior to this version may encounter timing issues, especially with respect to the time system and vigour levels.
3) JOURNAL UPDATES: The Journal Update section with all associated conversations has been completely revised to avoid the multiple “journal updated” reports that occur in previous versions. I have also altered the priority of some quests so that they hold a better position in the journal when selecting the “recommended” button.
4) GLOBAL VARIABLES: After discovering the maximum name limit for a global variable had to be 31 characters or less, I discovered some PC names (or even player names) were “too long” when added to my own identifier string, forming a variable name greater than 31 characters. This meant the variable was being lost and so broke the code in certain areas - especially with respect to the AI “brain” icon. A string limiter has now been applied to prevent such problems going forward.
5) MOD TO MOD TRANSFERS: Updated mainly in v2.64 and still work in progress are the changes being made to support the module to module transfer code. I encountered some difficulties after realising the first area that a player enters within the next module had some difficulties with respect to companions/henchmen transfers due to the first area types differing according to how the player ended the first module. I had to move the functions around so that they could be referred to from either OnEnter script, taking into account that not every aspect of said functions is required immediately, depending upon the area entered. As I say, it’s still work in progress, but I hope now any further changes will no longer affect the rest of the code, as they have been more thoroughly separated from the OnEnter scripts.
I am going to continue testing in both SP and MP mode (no DM this time) and aim to upload the latest version as soon as possible. If anybody is playing an earlier version and is encountering any issues, then please let me know what version you are playing and the issue, and I will make sure the issue has been dealt with or add it to fix.
EDIT: If your version is earlier than v2.63, then you may experience issues noted in the posts above this one. Let me know about any you believe may need addressing though.
CONTINUED UPDATES FOR v2.65: -
6) HP BAR STABILITY: Sometimes the HP bat used to flicker. I have resolved this issue now.
7) AI TB INTERACTION: Updated the TB Combat System to support AI controlled PCs. Now a player can switch easily between the various modes during the same combat.
8) TLK FILE UPDATE: The latest version will also have another “OTHERS” to accommodate another TLK update for the AI feedback.
9) WEIGHT REMAIN (ON TRANSFER): Fixed weight info when transferring items between PCs. (It sometimes used to give the wrong PC info in one area.)
10) ADDED RIGHT CLICK INVENTORY: Added a right-click context menu link to open inventory for PCs. Either direct from world right-click (opens currently possessed inventory), or from portrait (switches to PC and opens their inventory in this case).
11) INVENTORY RECIPE BOOKS: Recipe books used to give recipe feedback whenever hovered over, but now they give the information when left-clicked on instead - just like any other item, with the extra info still being given in the chat window.
LINK TO VIDEO DEMO OF TURN BASED AI TOGGLE COMBAT SYSTEM: -